Chapter 5

"Up."
  Everyone stared at Ryan, who looked scared and shocked at the same time, staring up at the cracked corner.
  "What-" I started, but looking up, I understood Ryan. There was a tv screen, hanging on bare wires, showing one of those old news reports from before the Attack. But it kept replaying again and again. Then I saw it. It was right there, clearly showing. Behind the reporter was a window and the window reflected something. A gun to the head. The lady's face, perfectly calm, seemed to be staring at the person holding the gun.
  "The Razai." I murmured. Everyone stared up again closely at the window in the tv.
  "But why is the mall replaying it?" Morgan asked, her hands straining from the hand cuffs.
  "Because they're warning us. I bet the government's sending footages like this all over the city, with secret messages that the Razai's won't take time to figure out." Casey had a hint of a smile on his face.
  "We have to get out of here." Ryan started shaking the reality into us. We were still going to get roasted to death.
  "Duh. But how?" Morgan hissed at the clearly stunned Ryan.
  "Tv." I sighed worriedly. My plan might not work, but I still wanted to try.
  "Yes, Kylie, we know. The tv. But we need to. Get. Out. Of. Here." Morgan rolled her eyes like she was talking to a three year old.
  "No. The Kais government was smart. They knew that they the Razai's will eventually find out the plan, so each television that they chose was all old and tattered. The televisions will self destruct from the broken parts." I slowly explained. Now who was the three year old.
  "And this is going to help us get out of here how?" Casey stared at me, triumphantly.
  "It's going to be our bomb." I simply replied.
-------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry if this chapter's short. 322 words to be precise. But I hope you enjoyed it. So happy for the 22 readers! Thank you! This chapter sort of helped explain that the Kais are not helpless. Will they get out in time before the building gets burnt, or will the Razai's be waiting for them outside. Or, maybe, they'll make it out safely?