Chapter 18: Ex Bitch!

Evelyn's POV

"What happened? Why so serious? Is it something your dad said?" I guessed. But I just knew it was something his dad said. They stood in a corner and discussed something in a hush voice. I wonder what it was about.

"Yeah... he said should discuss it with you before I take my decision" He said rubbing his jaw and his glass in the other hand. So hot!

"Ok... give me a minute. I'm feeling hungry. I'll get ice cream." I got up excitedly. When I came back with my box of vanilla ice cream, he was still looking at me weirdly. "What?!" I asked.

"You just had your dessert back at the hotel?" He reminded and I smiled at him sheepishly.

"I felt hungry" I shrugged. "Now tell me what is that you wanted to discuss? I'm ready!" I said sitting straight, righting my posture.

While he poured another glass of brandy for himself. "Woah! Is it that serious?" I teased as he glared back at me.

"I informed him about the men following you, and it seems he had an inkling about it and that is what he wanted to talk to me about... He suggested that we shift back to Greece. It will be easier that all the women stay in the same house. You know for security purpose?" He asked and I nodded. "What do you say? We shift back?" He asked clearly and this got me thinking seriously.

"I don't want go back there Nick..." I said softly. Visiting is fine... I can't go live back there. I know the tortures that I had to go through. I can't go back there.

"Then we don't have to! Don't worry" He got up and came near me only to bend down and kiss my temple and pat my head like I'm a kid.

I turned to look back at him, but he had already left. I kept my ice cream bowl aside and quickly ran after him to our room where he was sleeping with his arms crossed above his head.

"Hubby..." I teased and he lifted an arm to look at me as I climbed over him resting my head on his chest. "Why did you marry me in the first place? You won't even torture me like an abusive husband, nor do you cheat on me?" I asked and looked up at his face.

He raised his eyebrows at that. "I mean yea... you're rude, you hurt me with your words. But you do care about me honey" I said and pinched his cheeks which he hates.

Now I got up and sat on his abdomen waiting for his answer, when he knew that I won't give up he rolled me onto my back and inter wined our fingers. "Well..." He started.

"Well...?" I urged him to continue further.

"Hmm.... Now you're embarrassing me sweetheart!" I glared back at him and waited for him to continue. "Well the plan was that my parents will force me into an arranged marriage ,and I will happily agree since I desperately want my inheritance. But it didn't work out that way. As soon as they informed me about their plan, I agreed to marry though, but not with the girl they'd chose. And that is where you entered my life" And I smiled brightly at that making him chuckle.

"Yes yes, now please continue" I said pushing him back on bed.

"Uhm.... I did promise Isabella that I'd marry, I'd even stay loyal, and there'd be no word of 'divorce' in our marriage. And I even planned to stay true to my word. Until I got to know who you actually are. You had me feeling guilty for the words that I said years back, that made you run away. I would've even agreed to marry you... But bae you were there for revenge. I had to show who I am!" He said smugly. And I huffed in annoyance.

"And that changed everything" He said. And now I feel like a mistress, who no matter what is still with him.

"Why won't you consider divorce then?" I asked. No I'm not suggesting, just asking. I don't want a divorce.