CHAPTER 34

The next day:

Zaid still hasn't gained consciousness yet. The doctor said his body went into shock so they are not able to say anything farther about his condition yet. I walk into his room to find him in the same position as before. I put the blanket over his body to make sure he is not cold.

Then my phone rings. I walk out Of the room just so it won't bother Zaid.

"Hello?"

A crying muffled sound came from the other end. Immediately my heart tightened.

"Aunt?" I speak.

"Nadia--," she speaks through sobs.

"What happened? Is everyone alright?"

"Its...its your uncle...he- he collapsed,"

"What do you mean?...he is perfectly well so why would he collapse just like that," I ask.

"He had a meeting today, and things are not going well...he just found out that the company might go bank rupt and we have debt we have to pay off but we have no money," she says and more crying follows. I was frozen in my spot.

"Ok..ok d don't panic..i will be there, I am coming over." I say as I hang up and rush out.

**************************

I watch my uncle as the doctor gives him some kind of medicine. Once the doctor leaves, I got next to him and take a seat on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" I ask. I was worried about him. He is like a father to me.

He smiles at me. "I am fine..." he says. His voice was weak.

He slowly reaches his hands out and takes mine in them.

"Your father left the company to me after he died, I promised myself I will protect his hard work but I failed...i am sorry," he says. I shake my head and wipe away the tear that was dripping down his face.

" don't worry...everything will be fine," I assure him.

"Times are hard Nadia and if I don't pay back the money I borrowed from the bank they they will take everything away from us," he looks at the family photo of us on the nightstand beside his bed.

"Don't think like that...nothing will happen...Aunty and all of them will be fine, I promise you...i will get you out of this," I say. I fake a smile just so he will feel better and give him a hug.

"Now rest...i dont want you falling ill again," I pull the blanket over to his chest and he placed a hand on my head.

"I am sorry I have given you nothing but trouble my whole life," he says.

"Trouble?...you loved me and raised me all my life, I am grateful for every single thing you did for me," I tell him and then give him a smile, a real one this time. He nods and closes his eyes. I turn off the lights and walk out.

I go down to the kitchen to find Aunt Risa. When she sees me coming, she all of a sudden drops to the ground. She holds on to my feet.

"Aunt Risa what are you doing?" I ask. "Please get up, you are older than me,"

"Please Nadia, please Help your uncle," she crys.

"Ok ok...just stand up...come on," I softly bring her back up and guide her to the couch and hand her a glass of water.

I sit down next to her and look down at my hands.

"Please...do whatever you can...you are married to the biggest CEO of this country...try to get something from them..." she says.

"But-"

"Don't say no Nadia, you are our only hope," she sobs more and I pat her back.

************************

I walk into the hospital, my mind deep in thought.

What do I do now?

I can't see my uncle like this, he is the men who protected the company for so long and raised me. I can't let him sink like this.

I have to do something. I have to get the money some how.

"Do you have my answer yet?" A voice speaks, breaking my chain of thoughts. I didnt even realize that dad was standing in front of me. His hands were behind his back and looked at me with a questioning look.

I stay quite for a long time and then open my mouth to speak.

"I--- I have the answer...i will leave without a word, but just give me until he is aweak, until then I want to take care of him as much as I can and when he is well, I will leave and never come back," I share my final decision. I can not leave my uncle in this kind of trouble. As much as it hurts me to n this way, I have to do what is best for my uncle. Beside, Zaid and i were never ment to be.

************

Hello people...so another chapter YAY...so let me know how it is and share my book with others so they can also enjoy it....what do you think will happen to their relationship??? Comment, like, vote and share and give me feedbacks...ILY ALL