38|THE LETTER ✔

'How could she?' He thought to himself,

How could she leave him. Just like that. Without a proper goodbye. Just abandon him.

        Every fibre in his being wanted to hate her for what she had done, but he knew he could never hate her.

He loved her. With all of his heart. He lover her so, so much, and he thoughts she loved him too, but she left?

    And how could you love someone and then just leave them? Like they were nothing.

Stiles clutched the letter in his hand. He sat in Lilly's room, her mother letting him in.

       Lydia was the one to find the letters placed neatly on Lilly's bed.

A letter for Scott, for Lydia, for Kira, for Derek, for her mother , a letter for him, and for - Allison.

       Lilly had been missing for seventy two hours.

They haven't found any clue as to where she is nor why she left.

     Why did she leave? Was the questions Stiles had asked himself repeatedly.

   He wondered if the answered layed in the letter which he wss yet to read.

     Thus, with shaky hands, he teared open the envelope neatly,

Lilly's handwriting sprawled across the white paper.

   He took in a deep breath, as he began to read.

▪▪▪

DEAR STILES,

I know what's going through your head right now.
You're confused,hurt, in need for answers.

I'm going to start off by saying I'm sorry.

I'm so freaking sorry.

I left you, in your brokeness. I left you all alone when you needed me the most, but I had too.

My powers are out of control.
They are so out of control that I am the one responsable for Allison's death.

It's long to explain, and I really do not want to get into the details,but just know, I take full responsibility for my actions.

I judt couldn't stand it, you know?

Looking into Scott's eyes,knowing I'm the one responsable for the death of one of his best friends , of his true love, or looking into Lydia's eyes knowing I killed her best friend, or looking at you , seeing the sadness in your eyes when mentioning Allison's name.

I just couldn't.

And also, I'm afraid that I might hurt you. And I can't have that.

I don't know for how long I'll be gone. I'm somewhere where I'll learn to control my powers.

But I just want you to know that I love you. So freaking much. You're my everything. My reason to wake up in the morning. My reason to carry on with my life.
I'm in love with your entire being.
Your hands, and the way they used to hold mine, your eyes and they way they smile at mine, your lips and the way they fit mine.

All of you. I'm in love with all of you. And I will love you as long as the sun burns in the sky as long as the moon shines its light in the dark night. I will love you until the end of time.

And I hope, that someday, you'll forgive me.

- LOVE, LILLY

▪▪▪

He read the letter multiple times,
   maybe even a hundred, and there he sat, the letter clutched in his grip as he cried.

    Lilly was gone,
and for how long? No one knew.

And that thought alone broke him.

-
Edited [24 May 2019]