Street Performance

•H/C: Hair Color

————————————————
Your POV:
________________________________

————————————————Your POV:________________________________

________________________________

I awaken in a daze, my mind feeling fuzzy as I sit up and rub the sleep out of my eyes. My grogginess was quick to fade, however, when I recalled the events of last night, and I hurriedly ripped the blanket off my body to get up. I find myself smiling as I look for something to dress in, but unfortunately, the clothes I own aren't really something that'd blend into the Victorian era. Now, I didn't expect to have a dress and corset at the ready, but I could at least have something a little less conspicuous.

'Maybe mom has something?' I wonder hopefully as I leave the bedroom to go to my parents' room.

I check out the closet, but as expected, there was not much to work with. She has plenty of dresses, but none that match the time. I make due, deciding to settle on a white, buttoned blouse with lacy sleeves along with black pants, and lastly, a dark green sweater-jacket and a long, dark grey and black, plaid scarf for warmth. No doubt, I'll stand out no matter what I wear out of my closet, so I should go online later to find more suitable outfits for future visits to the Black Butler realm. After getting dressed and going through my morning routine, I make myself a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast, which I munch on while pulling on a pair of long, black boots. I pause, however, before I could pick up the remote, retracting my hand and frowning slightly out of anxiousness.

'What am I thinking? I'm acting like I'm gonna go in there and know exactly where I'm going and what I'm doing.' Still, I really want to go. Surely, it won't be so bad just winging it. It won't hurt to have something to anchor my worries, though. I go to my room and pick up my precious teddy bear, Teddy, from off the bed before squeezing him close to my chest...

What? I did mention I'm childish, didn't I? Teddy, he's important to me. I couldn't bear to live without him, so I'll take no judgment from anyone about his presence. He's cute, cuddly and helps out when I get stressed. With him, I can jump into this new world without feeling so alone, so I return to the living room with the plushie under my arm and push the buttons like before.