Chapter 10: Saving Lily

I'll have to create a make-shift kidnapping of Ruzi-- or spread a rumor outside at how some stranger carried Ruzi when the whole manor was busy.

Yeah, that's a good idea... I should just perform a little act of Ruzi being kidnapped, then passing the rumors around...Though that would only fan General Dou's anger.

I was about to go down and start to maneuver my plans, when a painful groan reached my ear...

'h--aaa-- aaaah---" the voice was trembling and gasping for breath.

I frowned and looked below the roof, I flinched at the horrendous sight that I saw...

'Holy shit--- what is that?!'

The bundle of water qi-- more like the bundle of black goo figure, laid on Lily's bed.

'Shiiiiit, don't tell me that's Lily?'

I picked up Ruzi and jumped down from my position, entering the Skyne Manor through the window. Lily laid on her bed, Doctor Lola who is supposedly doing her best to maintain Lily's health is nowhere to be found..

I looked at Lily without my Qi Vision---

Her face is deathly pale, she is having a difficulty in breathing and her clothes is soaked with her sweats... Atleast she looks like a human... I once again; looked at her in my Qi Vision.

'Yuck--- it's like a dark goo moving up and down.. Plain disgusting...'

'Lily is barely breathing... Within 3 days... No, just 39 hours or so, then she'll die...'

I looked outside. Haaa, if I try to save her it'll take more than 7 hours.

'Let's just let Ruzi make the decision' I hold out my two hands.

"Ruzi, left or right?" I waved both of my hands, Ruzi's big limpid eyes intently looked at my hands, he even put his small hands on his chin...

'Cute!! Ruzi is just too cute!! I want to hug him' I suppress my urge to hug my Ruzi... I need to quickly decide or else, that steward might find several flaws on my death...

While I was lost in thought... Ruzi hit my right hand.... Oh.

"Haa... You're quite lucky... Ever since I first met you I've got no good impression towards you. But, since our fate has crossed, I guess ca't leave you dying... Huh." I said as I slowly walked towards Lily, who have a puzzled look on her face.

"W-what do you mean by that?" After saying this sentence she grasped for breath, I didn't bother to answer her as I approached her bed and gently placed my right hand on her dantian.

I used the most common skill of a water mage, 'Cleansing' it is normally used to cleanse a mortals body so they could cultivate with more ease, but I've modified it so it can also detoxify their body.

I guided the water accordingly, eliminating the horrendous black liquid inside her body...

As I was detoxifying the poison out of her body, she fell asleep; maybe due to fatigue or she could finally relax.... Her pale face gradually returned it's color.

I also controlled water besides me to keep Ruzi company.

After almost one hour I finally got rid of the black liquid out of her body, her water qi is now normal... But, I still have to heal her injured internal organs... Healing her internal organs was quite easy, as I already did it on my body.

'Hoho~ I'm a fast learner!!'

After healing Lily, I immediately took Ruzi and left... not looking back at Lily. I have confidence that she will keep quiet at today's event, she is after all someone who doesn't like to admit that she needed anyone's help.

And she doesn't believe in superstition, surely when she wakes up, my death would already be the topic of the whole capital.

--

I changed my face, body, clothes and gender... I looked at the Ice Wall I've created; it reflected a young man on his 20's with red fiery head, strict eyes, and bushy brows, he's build lean and tall, on his hands is a year or two old baby with a dark brown hair, and blue eyes, a common features in this world. Indeed, it is me and Ruzi, my illusion is almost perfect...

The only default is the time limit. I still can't maintain it for too long... After changing our appearance. I walked down the streets and casually entered an inn.

I have already prepared my lodging in the neighborhood, yes, it is literally just next to the General's Manor, afterall there is a saying that the most dangerous place is also the safest place is it not?

Shihu Inn, it is a middle class inn; not too flamboyant nor unpleasant, it's rank is playing in the middle. I entered the Shihu inn, people looked at me and Ruzi then seeing that I'm just a normal lad, they quickly got back to their work. I walked straight to the Inn keeper..

"How much is one week?" I asked, the inkeeper didn't even try to hide his boredom as he didn't even look at me.

"1 silver and 50 copper coins" He boredly and even yawned.

Ah, yes the currency here is 1:100 but there are also bank notes here, you can exchange it according to your desire.

"Then we'll stay a week..." I have prepared a purse as I only have a yellow and indigo spatial ring, and such things as spatial rings are considered as treasures by the commoner... It is afterall weird for someone with a spatial ring to appear in such a low place like this, (yes this is considered lowclass by the nobles, of course) and it would be troublesome if I would be tracked down due some rumors right?

I gave the exact amount to the innkeeper, the innkeeper gave me the key and called an attendant to lead me to my room.

After getting inside my room, Ruzi immediately run towards the window side, which he couldn't reach. I quickly picked him up again, we both looked down and watched the people pass by. I played with Ruzi for a bit and settle down inside the inn. Designing the whole room as if it was my own... Replacing the white sheets with the high class fabric, replacing the stiff bed and so on...

I also created a formation as to prevent any unforeseen events.

I left the room with a communication talisman, which I spent large amount of money to finally lay my hands on it, the talisman is two pairs of paper whereas if any of the paper is ripped the other would disintegrate; albeit, If some force tries to forcefully enter the room, the talisman will rip and the talisman with me will disintegrate alerting me.

---

I quickly reached the General's Manor, It's only a road away. I changed my clothes in a maids clothes and my appearance in one of the maid's.

I confidently walked inside the General's Manor, no one doubted me, and just continued doing their jobs.

The Manor's tensions have skyrocketed, General Dou's anger is nothing to be taken lightly. Although he doesn't unreasonably abuse or kill servants, just being stared by the Great General who killed thousands of enemies is almost the same as the Grim Reaper greeting you.

I mingled with the servants which is in charge of cleaning the mess on the formerly Cheng Residence.

"Hey! You!" As I was about to go the-formerly-Cheng-Residence a senior maid called me.

"Yes?" I tilted my head, trying my best to look puzzled. This Senior Maid isn't the least bit close with this maid's Identity. The senior maid beckoned me to come with her, she brought me into the maid's quarter, entering the room, it is quite a decent size room and a nice design. One of the bed is occupied by Sona.

"You, what's your name?" The senior maid asked me.

"It's Shin Lue..."

"Oh right, Shin Lue, you entered the Manor the same day as Wu Sona right? Do you perhaps know her home?" She asked me as she pointed towards Sona.

"This..." I hesitantly looked at Sona who was lying on the bed, her eyes were swelling due to crying... I do know where her home is located at, as I've investigated people's backgrounds when I'm bored at cultivating... But-- I've procrastinated my plans too much. That Steward Lii might have started to inspect the Cheng Residence trying to find any 'remains'.

"Ah, If you don't know then it's fine... We'll just wait Sona to wake up. 3rd Madam's death and 2nd young master's disappearance have been quite a shock to her." The senior maid disappointingly shook her head, and sent me back on my post. I peeked my head and made sure that no one is looking as I immediately made my way through the burnt down Cheng Residence.

I blended with the servants and started to clean the mess... They all used the minimum of their strength, controlling the dust and cleaning the place, then placing the remains of the large foundation of the former Cheng Residence.