Dream On

Phil groaned as she heard the school bell ring. She only had three hours of sleep last night and was beginning to understand the need for a regular sleeping pattern. She grabbed her things and made her way down the hall to third period. Maths. She was not looking forward to Professor Barns glaring at her for failing his test yesterday. Phil sighed as she sat in the chair and leaned her head back as her eyes drooped close. What she didn't hear was the sound of Louise, Dodie and Dan walk in and sit around her. PJ had film for third period. Dan chuckled softly as he threw his hands over her eyes, causing her to gasp. "Who's there?" She yelped as she shoved the hands off of her and turned to see her friends laughing hysterical. "I hate you." She grumbled at him but he still laughed. "Why you so grumpy?" He asked as he put his arms around her once again and she leaned back into him. "I only got three hours of rest last night and I know I failed that test last friday." Phil groaned as she let her handsfall on her face. "I'm sure it will be fine, just ask for a do-over." Louise assured her. Phil fell back into her desk as Professor Barns came in and sat down. "Alright, no jibber jaber today as for the fact that we are reviewing last weeks test. It appears none of you seemed to grasp the information well." He explained which made Phil feel a little at ease. At least she wasn't alone.

After the teacher passed out the assignments she sobbed. An 'F'. Dan seen this and sighed. "I'm sorry Phil but if it helps, none of us did great either." He confessed. Phil turned to see they all had made low grades and sighed in relief but then felt guilt rise. "Sorry, I'm just happy i'm not the only one." Phil said but the others just brushed it off. Phil looked back up front and watched as Professor Barns went over everything in remarkable detail but didn't seem to get anything down as she slowly felt her eyes drooping. 'No Phil, stay awake.' She told herself but nothing seemed to work so she looked at her phone screen. It only seemed to make the matter worse as she fell unconcious.

"Phil! Wait up!" She heard a voice call. Phil seemed all confused in the moment but when she turned she saw Louise. Louise was younger looking, maybe about two years younger. Phil looked down to see that she was dressed as a boy. She must be somewhere in the past but she doesn't remember this. "Lou, what's going on? Where are we?" She questioned but no answer. Lou just ran off down what appeared to be a side walk. Phils instincts said 'follow her.' So she did.

The dream seemed to change now. Louise and Phil were at Lou's old home in Doncaster. Phil recognized it from the rose red wallpaper and smell of cinnamon. These were some of Phils favorite days. She loved Lou's room the most. It had old Polaroids all over the walls with fairy lights strung along randomly. She especially loved the old geography map she used to have hanging above her bed to look at. Sometimes they would close their eyes and point at a random place and pretend they were there and would make up accents as they created little characters for themselves. Ultimately she loved the atmosphere Louise's family gave her. "Lou, what's going on?" Phil asked but Lou didn't answer, she just kept fixing her wardrobe. "Okay Phil, I want you to tell me what you think." She said and turned as she held up one dress at a time. Phil recognized the dresses. The purple, the yellow, the red. They were the dresses Lou gave her a few months ago. Phil nodded approvingly as she tried to piece together this memory. Lou smiled and put the dresses back in the closet. "Good." She heard her mumble. Phil watched as she put them in the back of her closet, as if to hide them. "Why are you hiding them?" Phil asked curiously as Lou came to face her. "Oh, they're not mine. I bought them for a friend in the future. She's going to need them." Lou said as she winked before going to her bag. "So, are you ready to study?" Lou asked. Then the memory sort of faded away like the smoke of a cigarette in the wind. Phil was now in nothing but white. What did that mean? Did Lou buy those dresses all those years ago just for Phil? Did she know for that long? How did Phil not notice this before?

Well of course the answer was pretty obvious as she realized she was unaware of everything that would happen in her future.

The dream began to change. Phil was now in a park. She recognized it.