Gwendolyn and the Grave Matter

"I have a section 3A," Goldstein told the Guard in front of a tall building, the guy opened the Woolworth door and inside the area was where MACUSA was located.

Gwen gasped at the extensiveness of the building as tiny airplanes zoomed through the air as well as the number of wizards roaming around the building. However, Gwen didn't have much time to gawk at the building before she and Newt were yanked into an elevator.

"Hello Tina," a small house elf greeted.

"Hello Red, Major Investigation Department please."

"But Tina-"

"Major Investigation Department, I've got a section 3A," Goldstein cut off the house elf.

Gwen noticed the elf complied and punched the numbers in as the elevator started to move. When it stopped Goldstein brought out Newt and Gwen down a hallway.

"This means exposure, if these occurrences continue," a woman's voice said as Gwen heard her through her enhanced hearing.

Entering the scene in that room Gwen took in the people. Living in a suitcase for many years deprived her of knowing the departments in the Ministry, but she had enough sense that these people in the room were Aurors.

"Madam President I have-"

The woman looked at Goldstein, "What are you doing here Miss Goldstein, you were dismissed of this duty a while ago."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Then what are you doing here? We told you to stay away from that group Miss Goldstein, go back to Wand registration please,"

"Yes Ma'am," Goldstein said abruptly turning both Newt and Gwen away from that room.

Goldstein dragged both Gwen and Newt down through MACUSA to where the Wand registrar was located, "You both have your wand permits?"

"Applied for one about a month ago," Newt explained.

Goldstein looked at Gwen, "I got my permit don't worry and if you don't mind I'd like to go home." Gwen shrugged off nodding toward Newt's case, before picking up a paper note folded as a rat curiously looking at it. With much struggle the note rat got out of Gwen's grasp and scurried up a pipe.

"You live in the case?" Goldstein asked disbelievingly, "but why?"

Gwen nodded turning her attention to Goldstein, "Because I'm different and different within the magical community isn't always a good thing."

Goldstein wanted to inquire more into Gwen's past, but with a sharp look from her, Goldstein stopped before picking up Newt Scamander's wand permit application, "You were just in Equatorial Guinea?" she turned to Newt looking at Newt's paper.

Newt nodded, "Just completed a year in the field so I'm writing a book on magical creatures,"

"An extermination guide?" Goldstein asked.

"No," Newt's eyes widened, "a guide to help my fellow wizards understand why we should be protecting these creatures instead of killing them."

Goldstein opened her mouth to respond when suddenly another voice called, "Goldstein!?!" She quickly hid beneath her desk.

Gwen covered her sensitive ears as the yelling of Goldstein's name continued until a young man with dark black hair stood before Goldstein's desk.