Twenty Two • Out

Song: Check yes Juliet by We The Kings

Being left in your office once again alone you sighed. It was undeniable that Lake was a prat, in more ways then one. Yet during your time at school he was one of the few people you talked to regularly. Even if you didn't like him much, and for the record looking back you hadn't asked him out. Ever.

The boy at the time was one of the only ones that went out of their way to talk to you and who wasn't deterred by your family name. You came from a wealthy and powerful family of purebloods. Many of which were extremely well known for many reasons.

Standing and walking over to the tray that was sat out for you. Taking up the mug and pouring it's contents into your mouth without a second thought. The thick and chunky, salsa textured drink slid down your throat. Gagging as you finished the drink you moved over to the book shelf. Putting the moved books back into their rightful places you slowly stewed over the occurrence from only a minute ago.

Tina was back, and didn't seem to know a dammed thing about Newt. Which really bothered you. He was writing a book after all. How was he not a reader? What was next? She was going to say that he didn't know anything about creatures? How dense was this woman?

Sitting back at your desk you began to feel better. The drink was beginning to take affect and you finally had someone to talk the ears off of. It was a most eventful morning so far.

After many hours engrossed in reading the many papers and files set out for you there was a knock at the door.

"May I come in?" Newt's voice asked.

With a petrified and abrupt movement you started to the door. Opening it, you pulled the man into your office by the front of his collar.

"What was that for?!" Newt said with a stutter.

"It's nothing but you should leave." You said to the man.

"What? Why? I just got here." Newt replied.

"There's someone here that I don't want you to see. Just go home. I'll stop over later." You said as you pecked his cheek in a rushed and unthought out fashion and shoved him across your office towards the fireplace.

"I-I'm not sure what that w-was. Who do you not want me to see?" Newt said with a slight catch to his voice.

"Just go, Newt. I'll see you later." You said, as you passed him the bowl of floo powder.

"I don't understand what you're trying to do?" Newt said as he took a handful of the powder.

"I'm not sure either. But if Lake sees you, I won't hear the end if this." You admitted.

"Who's Lake?" Newt said with a glance over his shoulder to you as he faced the hearth.

"Just a guy I knew from school. He's not important." You said courtly.

"Can you at least elaborate a bit on that later?" Newt asked.

"Yes! Just go!" You said, as you almost shook nervously.

"Alright, I'm going. Remind me not to visit you at work ever again." Newt said under his breath with a slight awkward laugh.

You felt bad but, right as you forced Newt to leave the door swung open to reveal Lake.

"Do you bloody well mind!" You spat.

"Mind what?" He asked.

With a an angry sigh you walked back to your desk to get your coat. You had might as well get this whole drinking thing over with.

"So make any progress with your case?" Lake asked.

"Not by much but at least I can say I have a good hunch on what to do next." You told Lake vaguely.

"So your not going to share the case with us Americans?" He asked.

"No actually. I have no intentions to." You said frankly.

"Harsh." Lake muttered as he walked to the door and looked back to you.

"I'm not harsh. I'm just honest. To add on that, you could stop being a total arse." You said as you followed the much taller man out of your office.

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter, thanks. Also for anyone who hates Lake right now, because I known I do, you're supposed to. It's going to come into play later on.