Chapter 29 - Vulnerable.

Lennon.

“I know you’re not him,” Harry replied almost inaudibly. His tone made it hard to believe. I bit lip in order not to tear up again. My whole body felt strained, weak and unable to work properly. I could finally feel my limbs again, but the pain was still there and very evident. My wrists stung as the water lapsed into the cuts, I didn’t dwell on the thought of stitches although I knew it would probably be a wise move, I wasn’t in the mood for a trip to the hospital though. 

“But you’re scared of me,” I spoke, moving my head slightly so I could look at his face properly. He dropped his gaze from mine and let his eyes wander around the room. I stopped moving my hands in the water allowing the room to fall completely soundless. 

“The water’s probably getting cold now,” he answered hesitantly, still avoiding my hopeful eyes. I lowered my gaze back towards the water, which was now disappearing down the drain after Harry had pulled the plug back out. He left the room pretty swiftly, avoiding my question but the answer was clear as day. 

I let all of the water drain away until I moved. I grunted as soon as I tried to pull myself out of the bath. I rested my hands on the side of the tub and tried to push up, and I managed it, however it was exceptionally painful. I whimpered slightly as I clambered the rest of the way out. I stumbled across the room to the toilet, my stomach and bladder had been screaming in pain for the last three days. As I sat down I let my hands rest lazily on my lap, looking down all I could focus on was the dark bruises and cuts which were so very tender. The very tender and prominent reminders of the worst days I had endured. 

After I was done I sat back on the edge of the bath, opposite the mirror in the room. It was still a little steamed up but I could see my reflection almost clearly. I looked sickly pale, tired and malnourished. It had only been three days of solitude but I hadn’t eaten or drank in that time. My throat was red raw, I screamed all day as soon as they shut the attic door, Jasper came back hours later with a gag in hand.  I tried screaming after that but all that came out was muffled moans. 

 I honestly felt pathetic for allowing them to get around me like that. I sat there and cursed myself for hours about how I should have used the pressure point technique on them, it had managed to knock Harry out, and no doubt it would have worked on them. But I wasn’t thinking, I was under pressure and just retaliated in probably the most inefficient way possible. 

I got up and stood in front of the sink whilst I brushed my teeth, they felt disgusting and my breath was nothing to be desired either. It felt like a breath of fresh air when I breathed out the mint after I was done. I tugged away at the under garments I was still wearing that were now cold from being wet. I wrapped a towel round my body as best as I could manage. What hurt most was my shoulders, they were kept in the same place the whole time, I swear I could feel my ligaments being torn more and more by every passing second. They looked bruised and swollen now and the pain still more excruciating than ever. 

Harry was sat on the end of the bed when I walked into the bedroom, he glanced up briefly before returning his attention back to his phone. I didn’t have any of my belongings, my bag was still in Dover at the house. But Harry was already one step ahead, there was a pile of fresh clothes next to him on the sheets. I picked them up and returned to the bathroom to change. It was a struggle trying to dress myself, which was frustrating, I was so used to be independent all my life I was too stubborn to ask for any help. 

“You need to eat,” Harry instructed when I emerged from the bathroom again. I nodded sufficiently and followed him out of the room. He stopped just outside the doorway and allowed me to catch up. He turned to look down the hall before back at me and reached his hand out. I wasted no time in taking it and allowed him to support some of my weight. The blood was flowing around my feet but after being numb for days, pins and needles were kicking in, my stumbling almost made me feel drunk.