Chapter 30

(Ana's POV)

May 15, 2025

"The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make - not just on your wedding day, but over and over again - and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife." -Barbara De Angelis

_________________________

"Did the flowers get in the right spots? I shouldn't have put Uncle Sam and Aunt Laurice sit together! Is the minister ready? Is-"

"ANA CALM DOWN, EVERYTHING IS PERFECT!" Emma and Gigi yelled in unison.

I couldn't though. Today has to be perfect! I've been waiting for today for a whole year and two months. The hair stylist was currently curling my hair and braiding a waterfall braid. My waterproof makeup had already been applied. When the stylist was done, I walked over to where my wedding dress hung. It was a marshmallow white color, backless mermaid dress with a lace flowing bottom and diamond-encrusted top. I carefully pulled it on, smiling at the blue handkerchief sewn into the inside. It was my something used something blue because it was from my grandfather. For my something old, mum had given me the earrings all the women in the family had worn on their wedding day. For something new, dad had bought me a beautiful and expensive tiara. I was wearing the necklace Josh had given me for my birthday way back when.

I looked beautiful. Mum had tears in her eyes as she gave me my veil. My wedding was taking place in Norwood Park, Southwell, Nottingham. This building was actually discontinued as a wedding house until my family bought it from the owners and found them a beautiful house. I was helped down the stairs and to the little house next door where the ceremony would take place. My Maid of Honors were Gigi and Emma, while my bridesmaids were Jenny and Sara. They were behind me and I watched as they greeted their dates. Melinda hugged Gigi before scrambling to find her seat. Yeah, Melinda, my old bully. Gigi and Melinda have been dating for a year, and I eventually forgave her like I did with Josh. Dad had tears filling his eyes when he saw me.

"My baby, all grown up!" I smiled at that.

"I wish Allison was here." I said softly. Dad nodded but hugged me.

Allison's birthday would have been a month from now, June 15. Last month was her death anniversary. I shook the sad thoughts from my head and smiled at him while twisting her ring on my right-hand ring finger. Thomas came up and hugged me, as did Ethan. I kissed them and listened to the music start playing. I leaned against Dad, watching with butterflies as the bridesmaids walked down. Soon the song changed and Dad held out his arm. I took it and we walked down the aisle. Josh's jaw dropped, and I saw the love in his eyes. My butterflies disappeared as Dad placed my hand in Josh's, and I was pulled up next to him. The words from the minister were a blur, and soon it was time for the vows.

"The day I first laid eyes on you, I knew you were perfect for me, I fell in love right from the start. You are my sunshine, you make my day work, you are the one who makes me turn my phone away from my friends, and watch the clock. You are my one and only love." I said, pouring my love into every word.

"Ana, my princess. The day I met you, I was drawn to you like a moth to a flame. I couldn't stay away. I wanted you ever since were kids and I stole your doll. I love you with my whole body, you are my soulmate, and nothing will ever change that. You are the one that I boast about to my friends, the one I am proud of, the girl of my dreams." Josh said, smiling at me.

The minister said some words and we both repeated until he said the words we were both waiting for.

"You may kiss the bride."