CHAPTER SIXTY THREE

My eyes slowly opened to the sound of Ashton's voice next to me. "Brooke..." He said softly, his voice cracking. I blinked heavily as his body shifted next to me, his arm's grip on my stomach loosening as he tiredly rested his head in the crook of my neck from behind. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, keeping my eyes on the window beside the bed. I couldn't tell if Ashton was asleep or awake, so I turned my body onto my back and l looked over to him. My movements caused Ashton's eyebrows to furrow, his eyes still closed. A tired grunt escaped his lips as he repositioned his arm around me, and I came to the conclusion that he's probably still asleep. I turned my body once more, so my nose lightly brushed against his.

I tiredly brought my arm from under the covers, and softly ran my fingers through his messy hair, bringing it out of his eyes and just gently playing around with it. I slowly ran my hand to his bare back, where I just drew little circles on his warm skin, causing a small smile to appear on his face. I laughed quietly at how peaceful and adorable he looks right now, kissing his nose softly. I sat up to shake my own head of messy hair out, but I was startled by the imense pain that pounded through my head as I sat up.

"Shit." I muttered, settling back down. I drank way too much last night. The pain in my head didn't seem to stop, and I sighed at the fact that I will probably have this hangover until tomorrow. Ashton's body shifted beside me and I wondered what time it was. I didn't want to wake him up, but I felt like I should because I really had no idea whether it was early in the morning, or towards the late afternoon.

"Ash." I whispered, putting my hand back onto his hair.

"Mm?" He replied, his voice raspy and his eyes tiredly opening. The sun shined through the window behind me, causing his eyes to glow that magnificent green.

"Good morning." I smiled. Ashton's hands came out from under him and he intertwined his fingers with mine.

"Hello, sunshine." He said, his voice cracking about 3 times. His lips planted a soft kiss to my cheek as I continued to push hair out of his eyes.

"Did you have a good sleep?" I asked, the pain in my head still throbbing. I definitely wanted to know the answer to this, considering what he had told me yesterday and last night. Ashton nodded, his smile getting bigger and his eyes squinting against the sunlight. He turned over towards the bed side table, where he grabbed his phone and turned back towards me. I would get my phone as well, but its somewhere on the floor I think, and I don't want to go get it.

"What time is it?" I asked. Ashton looked to his screen and his eyes widened.

"It's one oclock," He laughed. "I guess we partied really hard last night."

Memories from last night flooded over me like a tsunami. All the drinking, the dancing, the fact that I was a 17 year old girl in a club in downtown Las Vegas. I remembered what it felt like, consuming all that alcohol and dancing up against Ashton, both of us watsed beyond compare. I wasn't guitly, or disappointed in myself at all, I was actually pretty satisfied and I can't wait to do it again some time. Although, my head still hurts.

"I think I have a hangover." I laughed.

"Head hurt?" Ashton asked. I nodded as Ashton's arm gently drapped over me, his hand rubbing down my head to my neck. It felt really good, so I just closed my eyes and snuggled deeper into his chest. "What time is it?" I asked.

"Babe you already asked that," Ashton chuckled, bringing his hand to my back and rubbing it softly as well. His hands were warm, causing me to feel even more comfortable than I already was. "I have to work at 3:00." He said.

"Until when?"

"Closing time," He replied. "So like, 10:00."

"I really would stop by and buy you thai food afterwards," I said, my mind becoming half asleep again. "But I'd be tired as fuck and my head hurts like the firey pits of hell."

A cute laugh escaped his mouth, and he just pressed a soft kiss to the top of my head. "We should probably get out of here," Ashton said. "I think we're over staying our welcome."

I groaned as Ashton's body left the bed, and I watched as he pulled his jeans up his legs and turned back to me. "I need my shirt this time." He laughed. I sat up, trying to ignore the pain in my head as I pulled his t-shirt off my body and tossed it over to him. I reached off the bed, and reluctantly pulled my dress back over my body. It was uncomfortable, and I much rather be in Ashton's shirt than this.

"C'mon," Ashton said as he turned to walk towards the door. "I hope I didn't leave you too sore." He turned back to me as I felt my eyes widen, and he just winked at me, his adorable chuckle echoing through the room.

More memories of last night flooded into my mind as I grabbed my heels and followed Ashton out of the loft, putting my free hand in his. What Ashton and I did after we came up here was all such a blur to me, yet there were so many moments from that short period of time that were so vivid from my lack of experience, I don't think I could ever forget it. The way Ashton touched me like that was so intamitely special, I also don't think he could ever forget it. I hope he could never forget it.

I didn't realize I was being dead silent, staring up at Ashton as we walked down the hall, until he looked down at me and smiled. "You alright?" He asked. His tiredness made his aussie accent heavy, but it made him look even more atractive right now. I laughed and nodded, and kept my hand in his as we went down the stairs and down to the closed club. There was a guy near the bar, sweeping the floor, and he looked up as Ashton and I walked through the room.

"Thanks, man." Ashton said as he tossed the keys to the loft to him. The guy smiled and nodded, and I guessed it was Michael's cousin. Ashton pushed the door open and I was taken back by how hot it is out here. The air was dry, and I had to stop to put my heels back on because the ground burned my feet.

"We probably look like such train wrecks right now." Ashton laughed, his grip on my hand growing tighter as we walked down a dirty sidewalk. Cars sped by, and I'm pretty sure I can see a group of prostitues on the other side of the road. We finally got to his car, and I made no hesitation to get into the passenger seat, where I could sit down and rest my head that was still in pain. Ashton got in as well, and looked over to me.

"Are you okay, Lovey?" He asked, a worried expression.

"What, Yes!" I assured. Ashton just eyed me, and turned his car on.

"I guess you did leave me sore, after all." I joked and playfully raised my eyebrows at him. He glanced over at me for a second, a cheeky smile on his face. I rested my head back on the head rest and kept quiet while I watched Ashton as he drove off the strip, and towards my neighborhood. His eyes were glued to the road, looking over to me every couple of minutes as he hummed some song. I didn't want him to leave, but I knew he had to go to work and stuff. I would ask him to hang out after, but I was very tired, and I wanted to sleep.

We finally pulled up to my house, and I was sad as Ashton opened the door for me. "Last night was fun." I said with a wink. Ashton smirked down at me, and I leaned up, locking our lips together before giving him one more hug, resting my head on his shoulder. "Go get some rest, beautiful." he said quietly. I looked at him and nodded, and slolwy turned towards my house. I tiredly carried myself up the steps of my porch, looking back to Ashton and waving as he drove off to go to work. I sighed, and pushed my front door open.

My eyes widened as my mother walked into the living room, the most pissed off look on her face. "Where were you last night?" She asked.

"Uh, a friend's house?" I replied, mentally slapping myself because I probably look like a hungover zombie right now.

"In a tight black party dress?!" She said, her voice raising. "What the hell even is that you're wearing?"

"I found it in my closet," I said steadily, really not in the mood to talk to anyone right now. "Why are you so pissed off right now?"

"Well, look at you! You didn't even answer my texts! Were you really at Natalie's house, like your boyfriend told me you were?"

"Oh, please don't drag Ashton into this," I muttered, putting a hand on my forehead and shaking my throbbing head. "And yes, I was. There was uh, a small party." I know I'm lying, but I really couldn't care less. Before my mom could protest, I kept talking. "I told him to tell you we were going to Natalie's, and leave out the party part. So, if you'e gonna get mad at anyone, get mad at me. Not Ashton."

"Well fine then," She replied, her tone ice cold. I rolled my eyes and started up the stairs. "I guess you're grounded then!"

"Tell it to someone who cares." I spat, slamming my bedroom door behind me as I crashed down onto my bed. I groaned in frustration, and debated whether I should changed into something more comfortable than my tight-as-fuck dress, and I ended up taking it off, throwing Ashton's hoodie over my head. It smelled like him, and it kept me warm as the air conditioner turned my room into an ice land. There's no way I'm giving it back.

...

My eyes shot open to the sound of yelling coming from downstairs. I looked out my window to see it was now night time, and I wondered how long I was asleep. I picked my tired self off my bed and I walked out into the hall to hear what all the commotion as about. My heart stopped as I realized it was my mom and dad.

"You could've lost you fucking job!" My father yelled. I have no idea what the hell he was talking about, but his harsh words made my heart beat even faster.

"I lost one patient's file, one!" My mother yelled back. "It wouldn't cost me my job at all!"

"Oh yeah? How do you know, huh?" he spat.

"You're just worried," she said steadily. Although, her tone of voice was very angry. "You don't want me to loose my job. That would mean less money for you."

That's it, I'm going down there.

"Brooke-?" I heard a whisper behind me. I turned, and saw my little brother standing outside his bedroom, tiredly rubbing his eyes. It must be really late at night.

"What?" I whispered back.

"Don't go down there." Was all he said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, and just shooed him back into his room, a frustrated look on his face. I slowly walked down the big flight of stairs, really wishing Ashton was here. The harsh words continued as I came into the kitchen, stopping at the enterance incase I wanted to bolt out of there.

My mother and father stood at the other end of the room, their chests almost touching, my dad had an angry look on his face and my mother looked very, very, scared. They didn't look over at me, and I guessed they didn't even know I was there.

"Please don't do it..." My mother's voice quietly said. I felt my heart beating faster and faster with each second that passed. What was she talking about? Her voice trailed off as she looked over to me, her eyes widening.

"Brooke-!" she said, surprised. My father looked over to me as well, his angry face softening.

"Whats going on?" I asked, my voice starting to shake. I was scared.

"Go upstairs." My father said. His voice was low and the look in his eyes was something I've never seem before. He didn't even look like himself. His fists were balled up at his sides, he had mean look in his eye and I could barely recognize him. I looked over to my mother, but she was staring down at the floor, her body shaking a little bit.

"N-no." I said after a long pause. My legs were beginning to feel weak and I tried my best to keep my breathing steady.

"Brooke," my father growled. "Go. Upstairs."

"Please Brooke." My mother said quietly. Her eyes shot up at mine, and they were full of fear and seriousness. Her facial expression told me to run, so I did. I turned on my heels, and ran up the stairs. I almost tripped on my feet as my vision became blurry with tears. I have no idea what the hell was going on right now, I was too focused on the fear I felt in my mind.

I opened my door, and quietly shut it behind me. I cursed under my breath because I didn't have a lock on my door. I dragged my desk chair over to the door and shoved it up against it. I whipped around and crashed onto my bed, burrying my face in my pillow. I just didn't know how to process the fear and anger in my parent's eyes, especially my mom.

The feelings of helplesness and worry were the only thing my pondering mind let me focus on as I didn't know what to do. I wanted to go back down there, and say how ridiculous this is, but I couldn't find any strength to move. Is this how Ashton felt, every single day when he was growing up?

Ashton. My eyes shot open and a small gasp escaped my mouth at the thought of him. I looked over to my alarm clock and saw that it was 11:00pm, and I made no hesitation to snatch my phone off of my bed side table. I know he was off work, but I didn't know if I should call him or not. I didn't want to annoy him anymore, but all I wanted was to just hear his voice. I scrolled to his contact, and pressed "send."

*Ashton's POV*

"So, Ashton," Michael said. I had gotten off work about an hour ago, and went over to Michael's house to hang out with him, Calum, and Luke to work on some more songs for our next cover. I was going to text Brooke, but I knew she was asleep at this point, especially after how tired she looked before I brought her home. "Did you use that loft to your advantage?"

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I mean come on," Calum added. "We were all drunk as fuck and you dragged Brooke upstairs to an empty loft."