five

h a r r y

I'd give a lot to shake the thoughts in my mind tonight, her rosy lips and whispering smile made my heart ache. I had first met up with her when the sky was dimming, the sun glowing golden rays over the town and the entire time I couldn't help but think how amazing Lola looked in a sunset. Her friend Mona accompanied her and Louis, glancing at me when I'd be caught staring at Lola while she watched the performances. Her eyes lighting up when Louis stepped on stage, his hair turning into a damp mess and his lungs hurting from the cigarette he chained smoked between each song.

Somehow my friends managed to pick up on my gloomy mood, asking if I wanted to go about ten times, but each time I nodded a no. I did want to leave but I wanted to stay and look at Lola more, even if it hurt to see her glow with each glance he gave her I knew she was mine to think about but not touch.

Right now it was almost 11:34pm, the time ticking by slowly as I sat on a uncomfortable stool beside Sean, who was checking out a blonde girl at the bar. Lola disappeared with her group a little over twenty minutes ago, causing my thoughts to become quite dim and lost as I wondered if she would even remember my damn name come monday morning. I sipped on my warming drink, letting some of the bitterness seep into my veins and maybe remove some of my hurt tonight – just for a little while.

I had noticed a brunette from across the pub glance at me a few times the past half an hour, her eyes were a dreamy green contrast to her darker features. I gave her a smile, one I knew would catch her attention more. I debated whether I should go over to her green eyes and whether it would make me feel better, create another master piece with another girl. But the blue eyed girl stole my thoughts, she danced in my dreams and smiled in my nightmares. Her scent had become so familiar to me that I knew she was here even before I turned around.

"Hi."

"Hi, Harry." She spoke my name carefully, like it was almost forbidden. "Our friend Sam is having a party at his place now, maybe you guys wanted to come by?"

I turn back to my friends to see their faces were eager to get out of this pub and go to a party, Ethan gleaming a white smile at me. I sigh but ultimately agree to make an attendance with my friends, Lola sounds excited as she responds and gives me the address, bidding a quick goodbye before skipping off towards Louis. He puts his tattooed arm around her shoulder as they exit the pub with the group of people following, my hands shake and I divert my eyes down in stinging pain.

I was such a fool being so infatuated with a girl taken by another.

***

Life went in slow motion as I walked through the group of intoxicated teens dancing on the floor, each girl showing signs of longing and loneliness as they crept up to the closest suitor to find temporary love. I searched for the dark hair twirling around the blue eyed girl, her white dress flowing like flowers in the wind and her red face sporting a wonderful smile. I felt sweaty bodies against mine, pushing me away from the one girl I wanted.

"Lola!" I called, catching her attention.

She stops dancing and smiles at me, her chest rising up and down, the sweat on her face made her glow under the light. I smile back, mouthing my request to her in hopes she will understand.

"Can I talk to you?"

She seems to understand and nods to me, but as a girl pushes into me to dance I find myself forced away from Lola and pulled into a busty blond girl instead. Her eyes were a different shade of blue to what I adored, the dull colour looked at me with lust as she swayed her hips into mine. I wasn't the type of guy to bluntly tell a girl to fuck off, but right now that's all I wanted to do. I politely smile at the girl as I glide my body away from hers, searching around the crowd again in pursuit of blue eyes and plump lips. I see the girls face drop as I'm pulled by the shirt away from her, the crowd bumping into me as a mystery person drags me out to the open.