||C o n t i n u o u s F i t n a h||

T w e n t y  T w o
This one is for FarzanaBai

:)

They asked me who I loved, I gave them 99 names.

Mashal

I was lying on the bed, face upwards, playing with my hair. I constantly wound and unwound the strands around my finger.

The door opened and then closed as I felt someone sit down on the bed beside me. I knew it was Ibrahim and I was too stubborn to look at him.

"You shouldn't have said all that." He sighed in exasperation.

I didn't care to reply and continued torturing my hair.
Two days had passed since Zeyara and I had that argument. I had been waiting for him to come and apologise but I guess he is too hot headed and thinks it wasn't his fault at all.
Idiot. He doesn't have the guts to even face me. Oh wait, not even face, just eye me. (Because my face is always covered duh!)

"Hello! Mashal I'm talking to you." Ibrahim nagged me with his elbow, trying to get me to talk.

I still didn't reply. I had expected Zeyara to come but instead Ibrahim came and that too, after two days. I know I seem like an attention seeker but it seriously annoys me that he didn't come.

"Go away." I said in an irritated voice.

"I just came to tell you that Sanan has been released because of you." He muttered, getting up. "I thought you might want to see him before he goes."

I sat up now and glanced at him. "Yeah and confirm that I really love him?"

"As if." He laughed, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm not an idiot. I know you."

I looked away from him and whispered lowly to myself. "Zeyara doesn't."

"Did you say something?"

"No." I mumbled, getting off the bed. Securing my veil, I said in the most sarcastic tone I could manage. "Okay then. Take me to the love of my life."

"Zeyara?" Ibrahim asked, amused raising his brow.

"Yeah.....what!? No!"

I watched as my cheeks grew red while he tried suppressing his laughter. "Come on." He chuckled and walked out of the room.

I followed him out of the room, while the irritating fact that Zeyara did not come to say sorry, lingered in my head.
We walked through the vivid coridoors of Alnihayya crowded with the men in that secret agent uniform. Ibrahim seemed to know most of them as he exchanged salaams with them.

I was going to see Sanan and I had no idea what to feel. After the accusation Zeyara had put on me, I was rethinking everything. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to see Sanan anymore.

I was lost in my thoughts, unaware that we had actually walked into a room.

"Assalam o alaikum!" It was when I heard Sanan's cheerful greeting in his recognizable rough voice, that my mind registered we were finally there.