seventy five

*3 weeks later*

Two weeks I got my drivers license. I was so excited. Now I could finally drive a car by myself without needing to have someone to drive me. My parents were really proud of me as well. It surprised me, because it's honestly been awhile since my parents had been so proud of me.

Today is Saturday, and since I can drive a car by myself, I thought it was a good idea to visit Sophia and Liam back in Manchester.

I was surprised when my parents told me I could use their car. I know I wouldn't trust my child whose drivers license is just two weeks old to drive my car. Especially not all the way to Manchester.

When I arrived at their home, they were waiting for me by the door. It was a long ass drive. I think I left home at 5:30 am. I need coffee. Once the door opened, Sophia attacked me in a suffocating hug. I literally couldn't breathe, but it was in a good way, since I missed her so much.

"Okay," I chuckle, "You can let me go now, Soph."

"No." she says, "I'm going to keep you here."

"Please, I don't want to die yet." I squirm in her grip.

"C'mon Soph, let the poor girl go. I don't want to be the one to call her parents and tell them you hugged her to death." Liam walks outside.

She let me go and I chuckle, "Thanks, Liam." I say and hug him as well, "How's life back here?" I ask both of them.

Liam shrugs after I let him go, "The usual."

And Sophia adds, "Yeah, nothing special."

I nod.

"Shall we go inside?"

"Yes! It's awfully cold outside." I rub my hands together.

"I know, it's insane." Sophia replies.

Once I had taken off my coat and shoes, we walk towards the living room, and I take a seat on their couch.

"Would you like some coffee, Lucy?" Sophia asks me.

"Yes, that would be lovely, thank you." I answer.

Sophia leaves the room, leaving me and Liam alone.

"So.." Liam fumbles with his fingers.

"Mhm?"

"H-Have you heard from Harry?"

My eyes widen and I gulp, "Uhm, no. I haven't spoken to him yet. Why?"

"Oh, so, you know he's getting out?"

"Yeah, he, uh, called me."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, well, I got a call from him yesterday." Liam starts.

"Oh?" I frown, "What did he say?"

"He got beat up."

"What??"

"Yeah, he, uh, told me people were mad at him, because he was getting released, and they just ganged up on him."

"Fuck, that's insane."

"Yeah, he was supposed to get out on Wednesday, but they decided to keep him there a bit longer to regain strength."

"Is he okay?"

"He said he was, but I don't know if I should believe that."

I nod, "Yeah."

"He always says he's fine. He's not really keen on talking about his feelings."

"When will he get out now?"

"I have no idea." Liam shakes his head, "Probably in about a week or so."

"Oh, okay." I nod.

"I'm back! I made your favorite, Lucy! Vanilla Latte, isn't it?" Sophia comes back into the room with tray in her hands that contains 3 coffee mugs and tasty treats.

"Yes, thank you!" I smile.

I grab my mug from the tray once Sophia has placed in on the little salon table and take a small sip of it.

"Ohhh, it's really good, thanks." I take another sip, "But it's also really fucking hot." I chuckle.

Liam and Sophia laugh.

"Be careful. you don't want to burn your tongue. That'll take ages before that heals and it's also very painful." Liam informs me.

"I know, I've made that mistake many times before." I nod, "The longest it had taken for my tongue to heal was a week. I had a blister on it."

Sophia crunches her nose, "Ah, painful."

"Yeah, it was." I chuckle.

* * * * * *

"Bye, love. Come visit us very soon again. We need to do this way more often." Sophia pulls me in for a hug once I put on my shoes and coat again.

I nod and wrap my arms around her back, "I agree. It was very nice catching up with you guys."

Sophia releases me and then Liam pulls me in for a hug, "Definitely! It was very nice seeing you. I'm glad you're doing great."

We pull away and I nod, "Me too."

I got in my parents car and started it up. I buckled my seatbelt and waved one last time to Liam and Sophia before driving off.

I had been in the car for a very long time and my phone started ringing.

"Don't text and drive, Lucy." I tell myself.

I let the phone ring and then it stops. I sigh.

Good, I thought to myself.

But then it started ringing again.

I grab the device out of my bag on the passenger seat and look at the caller-ID.

Harry.

I press answer and put the device to my ear.

"Hello?" I say, casually.

"H-hi." I hear Harry's voice on the other side. He was sniffling.

"Hey..Are you okay?" I ask him.

"Uh, y-yeah, of course. I'm fine." he said with a shaky voice.

I let the topic drop and decided to ask him why he was calling.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I, uh, I have to ask you a question." he says.

"Uhhh, okay. Sure. I'm driving though, so, make it quick."

"Yeah, okay, be careful." I could hear the concern in his voice, "Could you like, uh, maybe, can you do me a favour?"

"Depends, why?"

"Could you pick me up from the rehab centre?"

* * * * * *

I HAVE BEEN BINGE-WATCHING THIS NORWEGIAN SHOW CALLED 'SKAM' AND IM FUCKING LIVING.

Next update: Saturday, December 10th