Chapter 20: Kiss & Tell

Chapter 20
Kiss & Tell

After the Halloween party, Dale walks me home, and just by having his presence around me, I feel calm and collected and I feel like there's nothing bad going to happen. His hand brushes against mine as we walk side to side, and eventually he holds my hand in his and sparks travel through my veins, making my heart race faster than it already is.

Silence looms over us, and it's the comfortable one. I never thought this day would come. Well, I wish it would come. If you were to tell me a month before this is happening, I would have told myself that this would never happen in my life, never in a million years but now, as I hold his hand and give it a squeeze, I know that this is real and he really is my boyfriend.

Once we reach my house, he turns me around and looks deeply into my eyes; his looks don't keep my heart calm. In fact he makes my heart even pump faster than ever. He brushes the strand of my hair that is in between my eyes, smiles at me, leans down so close that the tip of his nose is brushing against mine, his breath fanning my face, and then kisses me, a little bit longer, but not long enough to make me cling onto him like a Koala. "I love kissing you. Can't get enough of it." He says and I flush, hiding my face. Dale chuckles and gives me a kiss on my forehead. The action is sweet, and a huge smile creeps across my lips. "Good night. I'll go once you get inside."

Nodding at him, I turn on my heels and just to convince that this is really happening, I turn around once more to face him and see the look of confusion across his face. I tiptoe, grab his face, and kiss him deep on the lips and run inside my house. I hear him chuckle and I tell him good night, that I'll see him tomorrow. Through the window, I watch Dale turn around and walk away with a smile on his lips. My heart keeps beating rapidly, and I bet that it will not calm down until morning. As I turn around, on the sofa, is my father who is currently watching me with a raised brow and I let out an awkward chuckle.

"Hello, dad." I greet him, scratching the back of my head. He looks over my shoulder, through the window, and raises his brows again. He's waiting for me to tell him something, anything, about what happened outside. My father is overprotective, even my mother, of me. He crosses his arms across his chest, waiting for me to say something. "I'll go upstairs and good night, dad."

"Who was that guy you were kissing before you got inside the house?" my father asks, his tone demanding and I laugh awkwardly, pretending that I don't know what he's saying. Sometimes it works. Sometimes when I use that, they let the topic go and fade away into the air. But it seems it's not going to work since my father glares at me, keeping me still. "You know, good night, you can now sleep," he says, grinning evilly. There's something about his smile that makes my knees wobble. He continues, "But you should bring him to dinner tomorrow. If he doesn't come here for dinner, you will never ever see him again. Never." He turns around, walks away from me to his bedroom, and I'm standing still, mouth agape, looking at the disappearing figure of my father.

My father is serious. If Dale doesn't come for dinner tomorrow, he will ban me from seeing Dale. I know that I'm already old. But hey, that's why we have parents. My parents have an absolute control of my life, and that's something I should not ignore. If I bring Dale here in this house, my father will surely torture him, ask him questions, interrogate him as if Dale is a criminal that has committed a lot of illegal stuff and broke a lot of laws. I groan in frustration. I need to ask Dale to come in for dinner. Surely my father has already planned this for a very long time. Every time I mention a man in my parents' face, they will ask me if that man is my boyfriend and that I should bring him here for interrogation.

Stomping my foot on the ground like a little kid, I trudge my way to my room, wanting to shut the world out. My father's words ring in my ears, flashing inside my head, glowing in neon lights, and I groan out loud once my back hits the bed, as if my back has hit something hard.