01. Is That My Niffler?

Myra Kegley was walking down the street when she first heard it. 'It' being the sound of coins and scuttling paws. The last time she'd heard such a sound was when she had been a child and a niffler had gotten into her mother's purse.

The blonde turned around and began to make her way towards the sound. After all, the sound was coming from the area near the bank, and nifflers tended to steal shiny valuables. So, Myra clutched her bag closer to her chest and delved into the bank.

She first spotted the creature stealing coins from a bag, then a woman's shoe buckle, then a more coins from more bags. Myra tried to follow it inconspicuously, but when it spotted her it climbed over the bank counter screens.

The blue eyed witch kept it in her view and watched as it hopped onto a trolley, pulling coins close to it's body. Myra looked up to see a sign pointing in the direction the niffler had gone, it's label reading 'central vault'. Her eyes widened, and she began to half-walk half-jog toward the bathroom. She slammed the door shut behind her and quickly made sure no one was in any of the stalls before disapparating.

Myra appeared outside the vault where the niffler was wiggling it's way under the vault door. Myra whipped out her wand,

"Carpe Retractum!"

A stream of light burst out of her wand, wrapping itself around one of the niffler's hind legs and yanking it back toward her. The niffler thrashed around in the air, trying to get free of its magical bonds.

"Is that my niffler?" An accented voice asked from behind the blonde.

Myra spun around her hair violently hitting her face as she went. The niffler squeaked when the spell forced it to follow. The glowing aura surrounding the man caused the witch to freeze, one word on repeat in her mind.

Echo. Echo. Echo.

"Quite possibly," Myra recovered quickly for someone who had just found their other half.

Echo. Echo.

The blonde released the spell and handed the furry creature over to him, who then proceeded to start shaking the niffler upside down, causing jewels, gold, coins, and other shiny objects to begin tumbling out of it's pouch.

This man was her Echo.

Though her mind was still whirling, she managed to notice the dumbstruck man that was standing behind her Echo.

"Is that a muggle?" Myra asked, using the European slang, as it seemed as though that was where her Echo was from.

"Yes," the brunette waved his hand faintly at the no-maj, "I believe he is."

He sounded distracted as if the no-maj wasn't of much consequence, which Myra supposed was true as long as they Obliviated him later. It was then that another man rounded the corner, his eyes widening when he saw the pile of valuables on the bank floor.

"Oh, so you're going to steal the money, huh?" the man slammed his hand down on a button on the wall, causing an alarm to begin sounding throughout the bank.

"Would you..." her Echo kept shaking valuables out of the niffler as he nodded his head toward the man who had sounded the alarm.

Myra shrugged and raised her wand, "Petrificus Totalus!"

The man stiffened and fell back onto the ground, unable to move anymore. The previously mentioned no-maj's eyes widened in shock.

"Mr. Bingley!" he exclaimed.

"Kowalski..." Bingley was barely able to the the name in his paralyzed state.

Just as the last of the items trickled out of the niffler's pouch, the footsteps of armed guards stormed through the corridor. Myra watched as Kowalski began to panic, stuttering out the words "Oh no... No... Don't shoot. Don't shoot!"

The blonde was about to paralyze the guards and was in the middle of saying the spell when a hand grasped her shoulder and she was disapperated. When she appeared again she was in the side street next to the bank. She spun around to yell at whoever had apparated her without her permission, when she the familiar weight of her bag was not in her arms.

Myra began to look around frantically, barely noticing her Echo shoving the niffler back into his suitcase. She was only snapped back into reality when the brunette was hit back into her.

"Bugger..." The wizard muttered, watching Kowalski as he hurried away, Myra, however, was completely still as her Echo gathered himself and held a hand out her.

"Where's my bag?" She asked him, blue eyes wide with panic.

"I'm not quite sure," he looked around, disappearing around the corner for a moment before reappearing holding her black, leather bag, "here you go Miss..."

"Kegley," Myra replied collecting herself, once she checked the enchantment on her bag, "Myra Kegley, and thank you."

"Well, it was a pleasure to meet you, Miss Kegley," her Echo grinned nervously at her, "but I really must be on my way."

Myra had just found him, and she wasn't about to let him get away that easily, "Is there any chance that you have anything else in that case of yours?" The blonde got to her feet and speed walked to catch up with the brunette.

"Just my niffler Miss Kegley," her Echo didn't seem very comfortable in her presence, so Myra let the small lie go, but it didn't really matter in the end, as once they entered the crowd, someone grabbed their elbows and forced them to disapparate.