Possession

A/N

Just want to wish a happy birthday to WAlbanito!  I was going to post this chapter yesterday but I guess it's a good thing I waited until today. :D Everyone wish him a happy birthday in the comments! 

Camille watched in horror as Clairece burst in flames in front of her. Did it happen on accident or did they do it? Camille had a feeling she knew the answer. She narrowed her eyes in hatred and puffed out her chest. She still had to finish her goal. It wasn't just for her Soul anymore, it was now for Clairece's memory, wherever she was now.

Ember watched as her old friend ignored her warning. If she had still had a beating heart she knew it would surely be broken. "Oh, Camille. Please, don't." She pleaded, although she knew her words would never reach her old friend. She hoped that if there was any way of getting out, Camille would indeed find it and succeed in her mission. 

Unfortunately for everyone involved, someone had heard Ember's plea. It wasn't who anyone wanted to, but someone had heard Ember. That being would only make the situation much worse than it already was. "Are you ready for your next assignment?" Ember turned to face him, hoping it wasn't what she feared it was.

Camille went back to where the woman's shop was, but it was ruined by the fire. Luckily, her house in the woods was still in tact. One perk of being almost immortal, you survived even when everyone else around you didn't. It was lonely, but God would send something else to provide the old Witch company. It was both a blessing and a curse.

Camille entered the house. The woman sat in a big red chair in the dark hallway. It was like she was waiting for Camille, like she knew Camille would come to her house. Of course she knew, the woman was a psychic and a Witch after all. Camille jumped right into it. "I did everything you told me to. I tried my hardest and ended up doing it all on my own because everyone else disappeared!"She threw her hands up in the air. What else was she supposed to do now?

"You failed your assignment and you failed your God. I'm sorry, Camille, but you must go back." Camille pinched up her face.

"Back? Back where?" The woman said nothing. "Back to Hell?! No! There has to be another way!" 

"There just-just go back." The woman stumbled over her sentence.

"And give up? Just like that?" Camille huffed. "No. There's another way. There has to be." Camille went up the stairs and into a bedroom that had a desk. She sat down at the desk and began sorting her next plan of action. 

The woman followed her up the stairs and into the room. She watched as Camille fiddled with the pen and paper, writing words then scribbling back out.  It reminded her of an indecisive writer with writer's block and too much determination. Camille twirled the pen in between her fingers. After that she couldn't breathe.

She wasn't dead again, but she was getting there. It burnt her lungs and throat to even try breathing and then finally it stopped. She was still in the house. She looked at the bed across from her. It's blue and white matching set begged her body to join it's sheets and sleep. She fought the feeling of exhaustion. She needed to continue her journey. 

"You can sleep." The woman said sweetly.

"I can't." 

"Or you can die. Your choice." Camille blinked, her eyes wide in disbelief. Why had the woman turned hostile all of a sudden?

"Wha-What?" Camille stammered.

"Oh, are you still out of breath? Or did you not comprehend the first time?" She recognized that attitude. 

"Ember." She hissed through gritted teeth. The woman smiled.

"Yup, it's me." She stuck a model Yes, it's me pose. Even in an old woman's body she was a dramatic yet horrible actress. 

Camille charged her, but Ember put a force field, between them. It wasn't strong enough to hurt Camille or make her bounce back, it was only strong enough to keep her at bay. As Camille sneered at Ember, Ember smiled, still in old woman form, running her tongue along the yellow teeth. 

"I could get used to this. If only she weren't old and ugly, I'd keep this body forever!" Ember cackled. "Did you know if you Possess a Immortal's body you get their powers along with it? Damn, Cam, you missed out on one great opportunity!" Ember had an irrational fear of growing old and a hatred for the elderly. She thought they were creepy. She was glad she had died young.

"What did you do to her?!" Camille screamed.

"Nothing. Yet. Once I'm done with her I can't say the same." Camille charged the barrier again. This time Ember turned up the heat and Camille injured her entire right side. She fell to the floor and yelled in pain. It wasn't enough to make her body stop working, but God, did it hurt! "Oh, Satan. Stop trying. You won't get through unless I want you to." Ember turned around. "Another thing you should quit, trying to escape. It's not going to work. Not sure how many times I have to tell you this."

"I will never quit." Camille growled. Ember shrugged, looking at her. Camille was finally standing. Well, not quite standing, she was slouched, cradling her arm.

"You'll only end up back in Line. Whatever that means." Could she really be that stupid? It was a girl influenced by a Being that would never love her. Of course she could be that stupid. Not to mention that she was conceited. As long as she felt she wouldn't end there, she didn't need to know about it. "Or, I don't know..." Ember said dreamily, spinning around in circles like Stevie Nicks. "Maybe you'd be in Hell with me!" Her tone turned hard. "But as a slave instead." Camille spat. 

"I will never serve you!"

"How about bow?" Ember teased, twirling her fingers by her mouth. 

"Never. I'd rather die." The barrier between them was gone and Ember's face was right in her's as she dropped to her knees. "Ooh, I like the sound of that. You're already dead, dear. Next step, to make you my slave." Camille couldn't move. It was like her entire body besides her head was paralyzed. "Your wish will be granted a second time if you don't come back peacefully with me." Camille glared at her. "I can't stop you." Ember laughed. "Oh, wait, I can." She sighed. "But I won't. I want to see where this ends up." She made it sound like it was some sort of reality show like they were on the cliff hanger of a fight in Jersey Shore before it would cut to commercial. 

Ember disappeared and Camille could move once again. "Pussy!" Camille screamed at the ground. She went back to the desk, her black ink writing was scribbled out in red ink with a message.

Good luck or give up already.

~Ember