58. He Stops You From Commiting Suicide - Luke

Part 3 of 4

AH! THIS IS EVERYTHING WE EVER SAID!!!!1!

...
Requested by:
@kenzid01

Do not read if you do not like mentions of suicide, rejection, cursing, or overdose.
...

You had the absolute, hands-down, most amazing, best friend in the ENTIRE world. They were your partner in crime, your secret-keeper, and someone you could always lean on for anything.

Or at least, that's how it used to be. You used to have raucous adventures late at night, you used to FaceTime at obscene hours, and most importantly, you used to tell each other everything. Then you moved to stay with Luke, and things took a turn for the worst.

Your FaceTime calls were being ignored, they didn't even seem interested in texting you. You would snapchat them silly selfies and they wouldn't respond, even your most high-quality memes were given no attention. You didn't know what was wrong. It was like an overnight change, your best friend wasn't being all that friendly.

You had to text them, you wanted to know what was going on, why they were being so distant.

Y/BF/N: what's going on bud? Y u no text back???
-read 2 hours ago-

Y/BF/N: wow. Leaving me on read? That's cold ☹️
-read 27 minutes ago-

Y/BF/N: hello?
-read 9 minutes ago-

What? Why? You were becoming more and more upset. They were doing this on purpose. They knew how much you hated being left on read, they knew that you always felt hurt when you were so blatantly ignored. You knew that they were using their knowledge of you against you, in order to upset you, and it was working. They were being cruel, cruel for no reason. It was upsetting.

You took in a deep breath, maybe they were busy with something? Maybe they were in a situation that didn't allow them to text you back. You shouldn't freak out yet. With a newfound, but fragile optimism, you put your phone down.

You had to get your mind off of it, pocketing your phone, you went downstairs to go maybe talk to Luke.

You found him watching some weird movie in the living room. You plopped down on the couch next to him and dug into his popcorn bowl.

"Hey! I thought you were upstairs talking to Y/BFF/N?!" He pouted, pulling the bowl back closer to him.

You cringed and folded into yourself, you came down to specifically not think about Y/BFF/N.

Luke noticed and paused the movie, "Y/N? Is everything okay?"

You froze, tell him the truth and worry him? Or just keep it to yourself? You didn't feel like you were worth stressing him more, so you lied. "Yeah, just a little bit cold," you shivered for effect.

"Oh... here, take this," he pulled a blanket off the top of the couch and wrapped it around your shoulders, "better?"

"Much better, thank you Luke," you smiled at him and he patted your shoulder.

"Of course," he replied, and then the movie turned back on. The crisis had been averted, relieved, you turned back to the screen.

Unfortunately, the movie didn't help. You sat there and watched it, but all you could think about was Y/BFF/N, and how they hadn't texted you back. Wait. Maybe they had texted you back but you couldn't tell because you hadn't checked in a while.