29

Dillon POV

Cait pulled away.

"I- Oh my- I'm- I shouldn't have done that. I don't know what I was thinking." Cait quickly stood up.

I couldn't speak.

She just kissed me. It hit me like a train. I was confused, but most of all I was confused because I enjoyed the kiss.

I stood up and opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"I'm sorry." Cait put her hand on her forehead.

"Um... I have to go." I said quickly, tripping on my words. Then I ran to the window and climbed out.

When I made it into my room I slammed my window shut and slumped against my wall. I was out of breath for some reason.

How much of an asshole am I? A big enough one to run out on a girl after she kissed me.

What just happened?!

Cait POV

"Okay please breathe, and tell it a little slower, you sound like a seal." Beth said to me.

"Okay rude." Devon said, but snickered.

I could have hung up on this three way call right at that moment, but I needed to update my best friends on all the shit that has happened.

It was four days after the whole Trey incident. I talked to my mother yesterday. We had a very emotional talk and she said she would focus on us and not relationships anymore.

Do I still one-hundred percent forgive her? No, but she's still my mother.

Now, about the Dillon situation? I still cringe when I remember how I leaned in and kissed him. I went to school yesterday and tried my best to avoid him. We do have Mr. Will's class together, and yes the awkward glances we shared could have killed me right then and there. I noticed that he was furiously blushing all through class and I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing.

I had no idea what I was thinking when I kissed him. It was the moment I'm sure. He was being so nice to me and... I don't know. It shocked me. I felt different. I knew right while I was kissing him that It was a mistake.

A horrible, terrible mistake and accident that won't ever happen again.

God, I'm an idiot.

"Okay anyway, please finish your story." Devon said.

"Okay so... he kind of came into my room and I guess he was planning to take me away or something. I've never been that scared in my life though. I remember him telling me, "don't cry, we'll be happy together." It was absolutely disgusting." My eyes got a little teary as I recalled.

I heard Beth and Devon gasp.

"You've got to be kidding me." Beth said.

"I'm not." I replied.

"I am so sorry you encountered that. How are you doing now?" Devon asked me.

"These past couple days I've had time to recover. He didn't actually do anything to me, thank god, just his words and creepy smile are burned into my mind. I had a dream about it last night." I shivered a bit.