twelve |

"He hates me." I said, twirling my spoon around in some creamy paste for dinner.

I was sitting with Julie and Grivak, Vree had asked him to see me out to dinner again. For the fourth night in a row.

"You did explode your anger onto him." Julie reminded me, spooning some of the food into her mouth.

"I don't want to see him." I sighed. Vree said to Grivak to tell me that he'd come by to pick me up from the dining hall after I ate. It would be the first time we would actually have a more than two second interaction in days.

Julie put her spoon down, frowning, "How else will you win his love?"

I shrugged. "I fucked up and it's all my fault." I spooned some food into my mouth grumpily. Over the past few days I had realized what an idiot I've been, with my temper tantrums and mood swings.

Grivak smiled at me hopefully, "He's been repairing a lot of ships and helping train pilots. It can be stressful, do not blame yourself for it all."

"I've been a bitch." I said blandly.

Julie nearly choked on her food.

Grivak continued to eat, talking with his mouth full. Around us, other Frivrok men and their Earth women sat on picnic tables, in the grass, side by side as they ate merrily.

We had some odd stares, being that we were the only threesome for the past few days. People were starting to whisper. Especially since I'm Vree's "match". Word gets around fast when a woman is unwanted on a ship.

Basically, if a man doesn't want his woman here-- everyone thinks she's up for grabs.

"If you think that," Grivak said slowly, stuffing some food into his face as he spoke, intently scooping contents out of his bowl, "Then you should apologize." He said it as if it was the most simple thing. And maybe it was.

Just then, A thick boot propped itself up on the table next to my bowl. I side eyed it, following the boot and then looking up at the Frivrok male with long blond hair whom the boot belonged to.

"A woman should never apologize to her mate. If she is upset, it's the man's duty to find out why first." He said, his voice guttural and perhaps more accented than the others.

I wanted to roll my eyes in irritation. This was perhaps the fourth time these past few days a Frivrok man has tried to "claim" me because they think I'm on the market. This period of seduction mostly included bad pickup lines and statements about how impressive they are in bed.

Grivak put his food down, watching us closely, looking tense. Julie narrowed her eyes at him.

The Frivrok man leaned his face closer to me, I turned my head away, irritated.

"You're very pretty." He said it slowly and deeply as if trying to will out some reaction from me.

"Take a pic and jack off to it, buddy." I said plainly, stabbing my spoon into my bowl. Hopefully he didn't understand any of that terminology.

I scooted a way a bit to show my disinterest.

The first time this happened, Grivak nearly got into a fight. Then he realized I am way better at hurting a man's ego than he ever could, and decidedly left it to me to pick my own battles, especially after seeing how irritated I was that he thought he had to stand up for me.

I felt the man near me tense and twitch, he tilted his head, obviously a bit irritated with me now because I wasn't going on all fours for him.

Even if they're a hotter species, men still managed to find new ways to scare away women.