Chapter 6 - A Not So Good Negotiation

Damien leaves my sight.

It is a big slap on my face to see him leave just like that, looking so uninterested, leaving only a cold glare before he scoots out. Hannah sneers at me in my mortification.

I can only flush with shame. I don't know what he could be thinking after he sees me on his doorstep. What's worse is that I have no clue if the offer is still on. Who knows? He could have paid this Hannah girl my million dollars! I can only think about the great loss when I see her manicured nails which might roughly estimate a hundred dollars in my observation. Gosh, don't let my million dollars be wasted on those French nails.

I thought of crying.

I went up here not expecting this treatment. I thought I'd have my money after tonight.

"Why are you still here?" Hannah grins as she emphasizes those shapely hips of hers.

Just when I am about to turn away, I hear a loud solid sound hitting the floor.

Damien threw away Hannah's red purse, shoes, and clothes in front of her.

"What are you doing, babe?" she asks, visibly horrified.

His sudden return surprises me, and my legs are glued to the ground. This time, he's in his plain gray t-shirt and pajamas, and a white cotton towel hanging around his neck.

"Thank you for the night, Hannah. Payment will be forwarded tomorrow morning," Damien says dryly, his eyes shifting to my disconcerted ones.

"You're kidding, right?"

"No."

Oh, God! I don't know what's happening to me, but I feel like bursting into tears. There's only one thing in my mind, and that is my money.

Hannah picks up her things.

"Can I even use the bathroom?" she asks.

"No."

"Fuck!" Hannah storms out of the flat in Damien's thin piece of clothing.

A single tear finally escapes my eye. I hurriedly wipe it away to hide them from him.

"Come in," he says, his face still devoid of any emotion.

My legs tremble when I cross his threshold. I let out a huge breath to get rid of the disquiet that is slowly creeping its way into me.

His penthouse is huge, five times bigger than all the rooms in my house combined. It's all marble in shades of gray, black, and white and littered with expensive and stylish portraits and furniture. It's amazing, really! I can't believe that a university student like himself is living in such a grand place. I've never heard him brag about his wealth to anyone in school. He's so friendly to everybody, one will think that he's just one of them. Except for the Lamborghini he's driving and the designer clothes he's wearing, he's pretty approachable. The foyer that leads to his living room is decorated with a huge lit up crystal chandelier, making the place entirely bright. It emanates the air of elegance, making me feel like I am entering a royal palace. The living room, a combination of modern and ancient European regal, almost blind my eyes. I have never seen such an extravagant room in my enter life. As I step my way inside, I can't stop but feel so poor and little.

"This way, Angel," he says as he leads me to a chaise facing the huge ceiling to floor glass window that overlooks the striking nightscape of the metropolitan. He sits on the couch adjacent to it.

I dread the silence that wraps the entire room. All we do is listen to the air passing through our nostrils. Damien watches me blaze with heat with those piercing stares. The silence doesn't give me time to calm myself. It makes my discomfort even worse. I can count the loud beating of my heart joined by the consequent throbbing of my fingers. I don't know if initiating the conversation is a good idea. I don't even know how to start.