Bad Boy Love ~ The Final Part

The first day back was a piece of shit.

So was the rest of the semester.

I didn't really know how time went by so fast. Everything was a blur. Jake never showed up in English class after that day. In fact, I barely ever saw him around school for the rest of the year. I was fine with that.

Most of my days were spent either with Kat, applying to colleges, or studying.

Prom was okay. It was not the princess-fest that it's cracked up to be, though. Kat went with her new boyfriend. His name is Brock. I love that she's happy with him, and that he's good to her. He treats her how she deserves to be treated.

I went with Brock's best friend, Garrett. We both wore light blue. He was boring. He kept asking me if I wanted a drink. Did I look that dehydrated? The after party was fun. Jake wasn't there. I danced with my friends. No drama.

Graduation is today. In five hours, I will no longer be a high school student.

I got accepted to my college of choice. UCLA is far enough away from this shit town in Washington to help me start fresh.

It may not seem it, but I've never been happier.

"You look gorgeous, Maya," my mom smiles as she looks at me in my graduation dress. It's a peach colored halter sundress with an open back.

"Thanks Mama, Anita did my makeup!" I smile as Anita and Kat walk into the living room. They both look equally as stunning. I love my friends.

"It took hard work. This girl can barely keep her eye open for me to put eyeliner on her." Anita laughs as I shove at her.

Our house is full of people. My mom insisted on a graduation party for us three girls. Kat and Anita both had their families and friends over too. My mom decorated and cooked and had a smile on her face the entire time.

"Don't let me hold you up! Go mingle!" My mom smiles as she puts in her earrings.

I step into the back yard with the girls and begin chatting with everyone. All of my closest family friends stand beneath the twinkling lights that my mom hung in the backyard.

"Maya! Congratulations, honey. We are just so proud of you." My old babysitter says as she hugs me. "And I do just love your shoes."

I thank her as I look down at my thin white high heel sandals. My dad sent them in the mail as a graduation gift. I started writing to him again. We have gotten closer, and I am finally starting to trust him. He isn't in it for the money. He loves me and my mom.

I walk around and say "Hi" to everyone who showed up for me.

Anita, Kat and I had to leave to go to the school and get arranged with the other graduates. Our families stayed behind as we got in my car.

"Okay, was it just me, or was that absolutely horrendous?" Anita rolls her eyes as she checks her lip gloss in the mirror.

"I forgot how many of my relatives were stuck up and rude. I can wait for this to be over," Kat says as I begin to back out of the driveway.

"Guys, it's summer. We aren't in high school anymore. Finals are over, and we are ready to live our lives. This summer is going to be kick ass, and I'm making sure of that," I say as I turn on the stereo and hand Anita the aux cord.