Chapter 32

Jules had expected Ceaser all day at work as she tried to catch up on the previous day's files. She expected him to show up at the restaurant during lunch but she had just given herself anxiety issues because when she heard the door, she turned to check if it was Ceaser but no one them turned out to be him.

She was looking forward to getting the files signed after work today and when the time came, she was glad to leave.

Ceaser hadn't had the time for work because Tom had found out something interesting about their favourite writer and Ceaser was shocked. They not only found him but also found out who he is or was

Ceaser had thought his name sounded familiar because he had dealt with him before. George Dickson was the paparazzo he had sued and destroyed all his chance of ever getting his pictures featured anywhere in the city. He had left the city, changed his name and got a new hobby. He became a writer and was out to get back at Ceaser for ruining his career not caring who got in the way.

That person had to be Jules.

Ceaser struck a deal with him. He wouldn't destroy his career this time if he told the press the truth about the article.

Ceaser was in sweat pants and a black plain t-shirt catching up on work and emails from both his assistant's at Thompson's Publishing and Thompson's Tech. He had the best VPs who oversaw everything when he was busy and he had been busy lately. Real busy.

Ceaser's hands stopped typing when his doorbell rang. He walked to the door as he wondered who it could be.

He opened the door and was surprised to find Jules standing in front of him.
"Jules?"

"Hi." She greeted, unsure of herself "May I come in?"

Do you need to ask?
Ceaser thought
"Come in." He stepped aside and shut the door, following behind her as she walked towards the kitchen.

Damn that skirt and heels.
Ceaser groaned.

Every click-clack of her stiletto was enough to draw up an image of what it would feel like when those pointed heels dug into his back and that was enough to send all the blood rushing southward.

"I came to get the files signed." Jules said as she placed a bulk on the island near his laptop.
Of course, that wasn't the only reason she was there but she had to start somewhere.

"What?" He asked.

"Your signature." She said

"Friday. Right." He said as he took the pen she offered and got started on it. "You did all this in two days?" He asked trying to make small talk

"This is from everyone in the department."

"Right."

"Are you ok?" She asked

Ceaser sighed.
"I'm fine."

Jules sensed he was off. Not his usual self.
"If this is about the way I left yesterday, I'm sorry." She said, "I was mad at something you did and I should have talked to you about it instead of dashing off."

Ceaser was really ok. He was just trying hard not to lose the last of his control and he was enjoying Jules' apology.
"Something I did?"

"You made me breakfast. Ivy's too." She said and Ceaser's brow quirked "I know it sounds silly but it felt like you had taken over and I like to be in control of situations that aren't out of my reach and I felt that control slipping away."

"I made breakfast because you were running late, you didn't have time to do it." Ceaser said

"When you put it like that, it sounds silly and stupid." She said, "I'm sorry for leaving the way I did and for not answering your calls."

Ceaser dropped the pen as he kept his gaze on her. He grabbed her waist and pulled her between his legs.
"What am I going to do with you?" He asked no one in particular.

Jules stared down at him, her heart had started its dance again and she couldn't control that.

"You are something else, Jules Jenna."

Jules had lost her ability to speak all she could do was drown in his eyes as she steadied herself by placing her hand on his broad shoulders.

Jules flinched when Ceaser's phone interrupted them and she smiled when he cursed. She pulled away as she tried to gather her hazy thoughts or lack thereof. Ceaser reached for his phone and answered on the third ring.

"Yes, Tom?"

"Channel 5."

Ceaser knew what he meant as he walked to the living room with Jules following closely behind. He turned the TV on to channel 5 and there he was.

Jules had no clue what was going on as she watched along with Ceaser.

"...with the writer of the article of the Ceaser Thompson speculation that was published on the front page of VoiceOutNews on Tuesday." The host said, "What do you have to say about that?" She asked the man next to her

"The article shouldn't have been published. It was my greediness and vengefulness that made me let the article out. It was all a lie and I apologize to everyone that was caught up in this mess especially the woman in the picture, she doesn't deserve this." The man said

"But the picture was legit." The woman said, "So your speculation might be right about Ceaser Thompson and the mystery lady."

"I know who the mystery lady is and I'm sure for a fact that she is just friends with Ceaser Thompson." Jules clenched her jaw.

"Well, you heard it from the writer of the article, the speculation about these two are false." The woman said, "Coming up next on Gossip-US News is..."

Ceaser turned the TV off.
"Get him out of there and make sure he understands what happens if he tries to return." Ceaser said into his phone

"Right away sir." Ceaser hung up

"Was that all you?" Jules asked and Ceaser turned to her.

"More my PI than me." He said

"That's what you've been busy with." She realized "You were trying to get me out of the public's eye."

"You didn't want to have anything to do with me because of this and even with that, you were still caught up in it." He said, "It was all my fault and I had to make things right."

"See, you didn't make anything right." Jules walked towards him "You just made the poor guy lie."

Ceaser's brows furrowed.
Everything George had said was the truth.
"What lie?"

Jules stopped right in front of him.
"The part about us being just friends."

Ceaser didn't think he'd ever been surprised as he was in that moment and before Ceaser could realize what was happening. Jules' hand was on his nape as she pulled him down and kissed him. Slow torturous maddening kiss that had her tongue written all over it. She tilted her head to the side and again with the tongue and the pace that was killing him.

Ceaser threw his phone to wherever the sofa was as he took hold of her waist and pulled her into him covering the remaining distance between them and took control of the kiss, deepening it with a little bite here. Jules thought she was going to fall into a puddle but Ceaser's knee between her legs and his hands on her waist was all she needed to stand upright and revel in the kiss.