Chapter 37 ~ Forsaken Child

Leo had my jacket? Why would he still have this?

I then heard him get out of the tub as I quickly grab a boxer out of the drawer.

"Found it", I say as he enters the room.

"You seem jumpy. Are you okay?", he asks.

"Yes", I smile.

I then heard my phone ringing.

~Christian Collins calling~

"Hey, Chris what's up?", I ask.

"Hey, Josh. When are you available. I need to speak with you and the others", he says.

"I'm free tomorrow. My boss gave me the day off", I respond.

"Can you come to Stratos town tomorrow for 1 PM?", he asks.

"Sure. I'll be there. Are you okay?", I ask.

"Yeah I'm good.", he says.

"Are you okay? How's Eric?", he asked.

"Eric is fine but some stuff happened", I say.

"Tell me about it tomorrow. I gotta go into surgery now", he says.

"Alright. Good luck Chris. See you soon", I say.

"Thanks, Josh", he says.

"Was that Christian?", asked Leo.

"Yeah. He wants me to return to Stratos town tomorrow. He wants to have lunch with me and the others. He apparently has something to speak to us about", I reply.

"Can I come with?", asked Leo.

"Sure. It'll be a surprise for them to see you", I reply.

"So are you sleeping in a guest room or are you sleeping with me?", he asks.

"Well... The rain seemed like it'll come soon and with rain comes thunder", I smirk.

"So with me then? Awesome", he replies quickly.

I put boxers on and jumped on the bed which was a terrible idea considering I was still sore.

"How's Amy?", he asks while drying his hair.

"Umm. Amy passed away a few months ago...", I say as he stops wiping.

"Oh. I'm so sorry Josh", he says as he throws his towel to the floor and comes hugs me.

"Put some clothes on", I tease.

"Oh I don't sleep with clothes on", he says while laying on top of me and I lodged him off.

"So what now? What do we do about this situation", I ask while turning sideways facing him.

"I can't love you, Josh. I'd only hurt you and I refuse to do that", he says cringing.

"So what? You call me up just to break me like a promise?", I ask.

"Dramatic much? That's not fair Josh. We were both young and naive to the world. We treated it like the perfect union. I didn't think it through back then but I really was a sad guy, my mood always changed and my mind always changed to. We didn't think it through back then did we?", he asks.

"You're right. I guess thinking back on it, we may have rushed it. I guess now we've both matured and now what we want in this life now. We can make adult decisions now", I respond.

"What if I hurt you again? Josh your tears are my weakness. If I ever see you cry again I'll never be able to forgive myself.", he says.

"Then don't make me cry", I say.

"I kept your jacket from that very first day cause it reminds me of innocence and it smells like you", he says tear escapes his eyes.

My instincts then kicked in as I slowly kiss him and wiped that one tear that rolled down his cheek.

"Let's give it a try again? If it works then that would be nice, if it fails that'll be fine too but we won't know until we try", I say to him.

"What about Eric?", he says.

"I don't wanna hurt Eric and I can't hurt you either Leo", I respond.

"If you choose me then Eric will be broken, I know how hard he fell for you Josh", he says.

"As selfish as it sounds. I can't choose Eric over you, Leo..", I say to him.

"That won't be fair to him now would it?", he says.

"If hurting Eric means spending the rest of my life with you then I'll do it. It'll be my sin to bear", I say.

"I'm not okay with that Josh. Let's figure this out first before we make any rash decisions?", he says while kissing my hand.

I comply with his request as I wrap my legs around him and placed my head on his chest. He quickly fell asleep as I listened to his heart beating. He was sleeping so soundly. I then fell into a deep slumber.

I was dreaming that night. I was back in Stratos town, in my mother and father's house.

"Josh! Where are you?", my mother yells.

I hid under the table as I cower in fear.

"There you are you little bitch!", she says as she pulls me by the hair and slams me to the ground.

"Mommy.", I cry.

I remember this day all too well. I was 7.

"Tears are hollow! I'm not raising you to be weak. You stole money out of my purse didn't you", she yells as she kicks me in the gut.

"No I didn't!", I cry as she strikes me again.

I remember this day, my dad took money out of my mom's wallet and went drinking.

"It wasn't me. Please stop", I yell crying.

"You dare raise your voice to me you ungrateful shit!!!!", she says while continuously hitting me.

"Please mommy. It hurts", I beg.

"Take it off!!", she screams.

I then take my pants off and slowly hand her the belt but she yanks it out of my hand and whacks me in the face with it.

"No. Please stop. Please", I cry and scream and she furiously beat me.

After wailing me she takes me and dumps me in the closet then locking it. I couldn't cry anymore. I cried all my tears that night as I curled up in a ball in the closet. My dad then came home and I heard them fighting. Glasses were breaking as I try to drown them out. My body was in pain and I couldn't take it anymore. It was late at night and I fell asleep in the closet. I begged and beg but God didn't save me. Why would God forsake a child? Why would anyone forsake a child? I was awakened as I heard the closet door opening. It was my dad.

"Joshy. I'm really sorry about your mom", he says whole handing me dinner and a cup of hot chocolate.

I cried into his arms as he hugs me tight. My dad drank a lot but he never once hit me. He yelled at me in his drunk state but he never put his hand on me.

"I have to leave you in here Josh. I'm sorry but your mother would kill me.", he says sympathetically.

"Please daddy. Don't leave me in here", I cry.

"Don't speak so loudly. You'll wake her", he begs.

My mother left me in the closet for 3 days. My dad would often come to check up on my bringing me water and food.

Out of all my dreams. Why would I have this one?