Chapter 20

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for not being able to update this past Friday, I had ended up having to travel that day and was unable to post, please forgive me, but here is the new chapter! I hope you enjoy!

Also the next update will still be this Friday if anyone was wondering!

A week. That's how long since I've last seen Jason, the alpha king had decided he wanted to avoid me. How mature.  He gave strict orders that I was to stay in my private quarters until my heat was over and I was happy that today was that day.

Adeline, Ara and Cecelia kept me company while I was under my solitary confinement. In the mornings Adeline would bring me some breakfast, as she would tell me of what was going on in the pack, and by lunch Ara, along with Cecelia would arrive and tell me anything and everything they knew on what else was going on within the ranked wolves.

You could almost feel my displeasure when I heard that alpha Tyrone, his family and a few choice warriors were going to be arriving soon to stay with us for the week. The girls explained how they were coking to learn more training methods from the royal guards as an apology for my behaviour that day.

To say I was pissed was beyond underrated. I had behaved. It was that no good, easy open she-wolf that had behaviour issues. Ara tried to explain that Jason knew that, but he still had to accommodate the upset alpha. If you ask me I think that Jason, whom is king, should be the one seeking a pardon from the alpha family. But then again I was just a she-wolf. Not only a she-wolf, but a commoner she-wolf.

Stepping into my bathroom I head to the shower, today I would get to rejoin the families at the table to eat. I wanted to look nice, to show to Jason I was not affected by his absence. Even though I was in complete shock at the maturity level this so called king has. Obviously he didn't receive it from Adeline, she was always apologizing on his behalf; as if it was her mistake.

As the water cascaded down my body I worked my fingers into my hair, slowly massaging my scalp; trying to rid the frustrating thoughts out. But seriously in every way shape and form, we do not mix well. Jason always seems to find my buttons, the same way I find his.

After the last night I'd seen him, I could feel our small bond slightly growing and pushing us closer. It made me sick with nerves. The feeling of wanting to be near him more, had not only me but now my wolf slowly starting to feel anxious about the long separation.

Reaching forward I turn off the water, before stepping out and grabbing my towel. Sighing as the light fluffy fabric hugged me in comfort, almost trying to ease out my frustrations. My hair hung in dark, damp waves, that cascaded down my back. It was still a bit early for lunch, which gave me time to look my best after being in my pyjamas for a week.

Stepping out of the warm, steamed filled room, I walk into the coolness of my bedroom. The coolness felt refreshing, but the sight of whom sat on my bed was like frigid water splashed down my back. My eyes held surprise, while my hand griped my towel that wrapped around my body, securely keeping it from falling.

It look as if the shocked feeling was also felt by Jason, as he too looked up at me from the bed with shocked eyes. After staring down at the man I watched as he rose, and was in front of me after two long strides.

"Ella.." his voice sounded hoarse, strained. His tall body over looked my own, causing me to look up to him, as he came close. I could feel my wolf relaxing with feeling that slight bond we had, was no longer stretching with distance. But from the way his emerald eyes stared at me I could see his wolf was not as peaceful. It was just like the way his form looked; distressed.