59: senior trip

THEY ARE ALIVE AND THEY are thriving. Cheeks flushed and chests rosy, they race through the airport. It's all a farce, because strings of curse words spill from Elle's mouth. They're late because Laurent slept in too late.

Finally getting their boarding passes, they line up at security.

"I'm fucking," Elle huffs, "done with you King. You're sitting in the lavatory the whole ride, I can't believe we almost died because of you."

"Why the hell are you so anal? We made it, didn't we? So shut up."

"LAX is a piece of shit anyways so the less time we spend here the better," Jeremy says.

Andrew leans over and grabs Jeremy's passport. "Is this you?"

"Who else would it be, dipshit?"

"Why do you look like that?"

Laurent peers over Camila's shoulder and snorts. "Man you're still ugly."

"Shut the fuck up. You look like Caspar the ghost in yours."

"Better than a sheep with an extra chromosome."

"Oh my god," Andrew says and sighs.

This sets off a chain reaction, everyone grabbing each other's passports and keeling over in disbelief. Gaining composure, they manage to behave just so everyone gets through without any hassles and Elle pipes up first. "I want to go shopping."

"Me too," Jeremy says.

"Well you're not coming with me."

"Who said I wanted to?"

"Guys, we don't have enough time," Roma reminds them.

They find their boarding gate and Camila takes pictures of the sunset. It's an early flight and instead of fatigue, she feels excitement. Senior trip. They've been planning this since last year and she never expected Andrew, Roma, or Laurent to join.

"What are you dressed as, Laurent?" Elle comments.

"Dress for success."

"Guess you aim to live under a bridge," Jeremy says.

"Would you rather I'd have put more time into my appearance so we'd actually miss the flight?"

"No, we'd leave without you," Elle replies.

Andrew sits down next to Camila and rests his head on her shoulder. She feels his jaw move as he yawns.

"Tired?" she asks.

"I'll sleep on the flight."

"Oh yeah, what's your seat?"

"42A. You?"

"42C."

"Damn," he says. "Some other bastard got 42B."

"Whatever will we do?" She grins and gives him a peck on the cheek.

Although indescribable, he smells like what morning would smell like, faint coffee, linen sheets, and shampoo.

"Flying coach sucks," Jeremy complains.

"Don't you dare talk like a rich kid in front of my girlfriend." Elle kicks his shoe.

Jeremy raises his eyebrow. "You two are on a break."

"Oh. Fuck. Right," Elle corrects herself.

"We're boarding!" Roma exclaims.

"Senior trip. Let's make the most of this," Camila reminds everyone, side-eying Jeremy and Elle.

"Alright alright alright."

***

author's note: hey guys! thanks for reading and i hope you enjoyed it! just a heads up--there'll be a time skip so part 60 will be when they're in college and this is when it gets really interesting and i can't wait to write it. have a great day lovelies xx