Break On Through

(Mystic Falls Hospital)

Bella's POV.

After last nights events, Elena came home and she convinced me not to stake Damon, but even now I am still furious at him. So this morning, me and Elena had went to the hospital with Ric as his doctor wanted to do some tests to figure out why he has been acting like this. So right now me, Elena and Meredith are in a control room for a MRI scanner as Ric is lying down on the MRI couch ready to go in.

"What are you looking for?" I ask Meredith.

"I don't know. A tumor, vascular anomalies, anything physical that might explain his behavior. If it's medical, I can treat it" Meredith explains to us.

"And if it's not?" Elena asks her.

"Well, then we'll deal with that too" Meredith tells us, and then a technician slides Alaric inside the machine.

"When did you suspect him? That it was Alaric who was killing all of those people?" I ask her curious.

"It was after he told me about his ring. I remembered a story my grandmother had told me about Samantha Gilbert and her secret journal. I don't know if you know this, but we Fells are notorious busy-bodies" Meredith explains.

"But then, why did you protect him?" Elena asks her.

"Because I'm a doctor, I don't like to see someone hurt by something they have no control over. And because when he and I first met I felt like...I don't know, I- I just kind of want to help him" Meredith tells us, and for some strange reason Ric starts to panic and move around on the MRI couch.

"Everything alright in there?" Meredith asks him as she talks through a speaker which connects to the MRI room.

"Yeah. Yeah, everything's okay" Ric says and he starts to calm down.

After the MRI scan had finished, Meredith took us all into a regular hospital room as she went to check the results, and Ric is preparing to leave.

"Meredith says that everything is normal" Elena tells him as he puts his shoes on.

"Yeah, well, everything is normal, because there is nothing wrong with me. I didn't kill Brian Walters, I didn't kill Bill Forbes, and I sure as hell didn't shove a hunting knife into my stomach" Ric tells us, and he looks down at the Gilbert ring, which is the only thing he hasn't picked back up "Or I did and I've gone insane, just like your ancestor who wore that ring" He says to us, but I shake my head at him to tell him he is wrong.

"Look, I'm gonna call Bonnie, the rings were made by a Bennett witch so maybe a witch can reverse the damage" Elena says to us, and Ric pushes the ring on the table towards me.

"Take it. I don't want it any more" Ric tells me, and I hesitantly take it.

"You ready to ditch this House of Horrors? Oof, you look terrible" I hear a voice that I never wanted to hear again, I look over to where it came from and I see Damon. I then stand up from my chair and stand in front of Ric.

"I'm going to go, but I'll see you at home, okay?" I ask him with a comforting smile.

"Yeah, I'll see you at home" Ric tells me.

"I'll meet you in the car" Elena tells me, and I turn around to leave and I glare at Damon as I walk out.

"What's wrong with her?" I hear Damon asks as I use my vamp hearing whilst walking away from them.

"What's wrong with her? Are you kidding me? How could you just go out feeding with Stefan like some vampire pub crawl?" Elena tells him, that's my little sister, always sticking up for me.