27:Broken Hopes

A/N: I haven't said a proper word in a while and I'd appreciate it if you guys hear me out for a sec. If not just skip the bold part. I would like to just remind you all that, and I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I don't write to please, I write as a way of mind-relief. I'm really thankful for almost 3K reads and I honestly did not expect to reach out to this many. Personally I'm in love with the characters and I'm loving where are they going with their plot. I know I sound like I'm just writing some people's story and not mine, because that's what it is. The story is happening in my head whether I write it or not. It sounds crazy but hey that's me. Thanks to anyone who read this I appreciate it. Read on :)

"What's that what does the note say?" I asked a shocked, wide eyed, barely breathing Zac. He didn't speak or blink or do anything. He handed me the note.

I'm really sorry for doing this. I thought I could manage. I thought I would be able to do this on my own independently, but it wasn't something I was capable off. Take good care of him.
                               Cindy.

The baby on the floor was crying loudly. We were too shocked to pick him up.

"Who is it?" Mom, who appeared behind us asked. "Oh dear God" she gasped when she saw what was before us. She picked the baby up and started rocking him.

"Liam!" she yelled to Liam, who emerged from the end of the hallway.

<><><><><>
Zac//

"HOW STUPID ARE YOU!" dad roared. I was barely registering what was  going on. Dad was going bat shit crazy on me, Evan was sitting on the couch staring at the floor, and Linda was rocking the baby back and forth so he'd stop crying. The baby that was mine. My son. The thought scared me more than dad's yelling. "I TOLD YOU TO NEVER HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX"

"But I didn't!" I yelled back. We only had sex once and I was wearing a condom. I don't know how did it happen.

"Then how did she get pregnant!?"

"I don't know! I swear I used protection I'm not that stupid"

"You can't even comprehend how stupid I think you are right now"

"But it wasn't my fault the condom broke or something"

"And how exactly do you intend to deal with this situation huh?"

I was too close to breaking. I couldn't take it anymore. He was yelling, the baby was crying, and Evan was doing nothing at all. I didn't know if I should be worried or scared or anxious about the whole thing. How could someone abandon their own child on a doorstep?!

"I can't believe you would get yourself in such a situation you're 16!"

"I didn't mean for this to happen!" my voice cracked halfway and crying was imminent.

"STOP YELLING AT HIM!" Evan's voice broke the tension.

"Evan don't you dare raise your voice on your stepfather!"

"He's breaking him more than he's already broken!" he turned back to dad "He said he didn't mean for it to happen. It was just how things were meant to be" Evan finished. I had never been more thankful for Evan's existence more than I was right then.

He said those words and stormed out the living room and up the stairs.

Dad rubbed his temples, with the veins there looking as if they were about to pop. "This is not happening" he kept repeating more and more angrily.

I decided to ignore him for the moment being and check up on Evan whom I never seen this explosive.

"Ev-"