chapter 5

Kellin's POV

as school was going on i had encouraged Vic to come to the design class that i teach. seeing as i am his ride it would be better than walking twelve miles home. as we walked into the basement where all the clubs are, i could tell that Vic was nervous by the way he played with his sleeve and picked at his nails. 

"you'll love it, trust me." i told him before we reached the door that had a bunch of beads and drawings hanging on it. 

"hello young ones!" i shouted in a heroic voice as i walked in. this class was mostly sophomore and freshmen so i called everyone young one.

"hey Kellin!" Katelynn said coming up. she's the worst in the class but i wound never tell ANYONE that. 

"hey! you remember Vic." i said gesturing to his form standing in the door. 

"hey!" she said with a smile 

"hey," he said smiling back. he seemed kinda relieved to have her acknowledge him.

"take a seat and we'll start." i said and gestured to the seat by the door. 

as everyone got seated and i tarted teaching the class what we where gonna be doing i saw Vic get intrigued. 

"one of the more difficult things to make in a crown." i said

i went to the desk and grabbed one of the crowns that i made with tin foil and plastic jewels to use it as a demonstration. Vic froze and stared at it for a minute. i didn't really think anything of it and kept on with the demonstration on how to make it. 

as i set it back down, out of the corner of my eye i saw him get up and head to the door.

"everything alright?" i asked him.

"yeah... um... bathroom..." he said without looking at me. 

"okay." i said before letting him walk out and i got back too the class. 

______________time jump____________

it had been the entire hour and Vic still wasn't back! as everyone waked out i went to find him. the first place i checked was the bathroom and there he was on the floor shaking. 

"Vic?" i asked kneeling down next to him. 

he just stared off and i remembered he had PTSD... he must be having an episode. 

"Vic, it's not real... it can't happen anymore..." i told him a bit nervous about what to say to help.

"i'm just thinking, i had the episode fifteen minutes ago." he said with a sigh.

"wanna talk about it?" i asked him.

"that'll just trigger another one." he said with a sigh before getting up and walking to the door and out of the bathroom. i ran to catch up to him but he was speed walking to the stairs and out of the building. 

"Vic, wait up!" i said out of breath as i ran up the stairs. 

he stopped half way and let out an angry yell before punching the wall over and over again. 

"Vic! stop!" i shouted trying to pull him away from the wall to keep him from breaking his hand. 

"Dammit! Dammit! DAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT! he cursed as he kept hitting the wall and tears came to his eyes. finally he stopped and dropped to the ground crying. 

"why did all this shit have to happen?" he asked himself as he sobbed. 

"Vic... please, you're not making any sense..." i said as i knelt down next to him.

"i don't want to make sense! making sense would mean that it's real! i don't want any of it to be real!" he shouted as tears ran down his face. 

"lets get you home and mom and dad can talk to you about it." i told him. 

he said nothing and just let me help him up from the floor. we both walked out to the car. it was dead silent the whole drive and Vic just stared out the window thinking. 

he was so handsome... even when he's so sad. i wanted him to hug me and tell me he's gonna be okay, but i'm not sure that even he knows that. 

as we pulled into the driveway and got out of the car he hurried inside. i raced to follow him and saw him going towards the stairs.

"where are you going? mom and dad are down here." i told him.

"i'm going to the music room, i need to be alone right now." he said before running up the stairs. 

i let out a long sigh before going into the living room to see mom and dad there reading. 

"hey dear, where's Vic?" asked mom.

"he's upstairs... he had an episode at school today." i told her. 

"oh, poor thing, but where is he?" she asked.

"in the music room," i told her. 

"keep an eye on him. make sure he knows he can talk to us." she told me. 

"i know, i can hear him through the wall," i said before going upstairs and into my room. 

  "Step one, you say, "We need to talk."
He walks, you say, "Sit down. It's just a talk."
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
You begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Let him know that you know best
'Cause after all you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
Pray to God, he hears you
And I pray to God, he hears you

And where did I go wrong? I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed
He will do one of two things
He will admit to everything
Or he'll say he's just not the same
And you'll begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

How to save a life

How to save a life

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
How to save a life

How to save a life"

poor Vic, i don't know what he's been through but it sounds like he's seen a lot. i need to find a way to make him feel better... but how.