PROLOGUE

"Baby please try to understand it's not..........."

"..... what I meant. Seriously Ethan? I thought you could do better than that".

"But may be its not your fault, maybe its mine, its my foolishness to think that you would be mine....... "

"No wait let me finish". I said raising my palm to stop him from interrupting.

"I should have known that, I simply should have known." I whispered the last part to myself.

I tried to turn away from him and go but as soon as I turned he caught my wrist with a tight grip and pinned me to the wall forcing me to look into his eyes.

"Leave me, let me go, I said leave me". I said between sobs. I somehow broke free from his grip and ran from there.

I didn't know how much I ran until I found myself in front of my house. Rushing towards my room I locked the door and collapsed on the floor leaning my head on the door. I don't know for how long I stayed in that way but when my phone rang I saw that it was already 7 in the evening.

Oh lord!! Did I just spend 3 hours of my life leaning on the door like an emotional wreck?

Sighing I answered my phone without glancing at the caller ID. "Hello"

There was silence on the other side as I waited for the person to speak. After a long silence the person spoke, and the next words he spoke felt like a sharp pain in my heart as if someone had slowly pierced a knife in my heart.

Each word was a stab in my heart. "Erica, you were right, we were never meant to be, I'd like to believe that whatever we had was special to you as it was for me". Tears blinded my vision at the longing I felt for the man who was currently speaking to me like a total stranger.

He continued, "But I think we are better off without each other......and its best if we aren't together because this relationship was to bring happiness to me and you and everyone around us and clearly it has caused every bit of pain to you and me". I wanted to scream at him and say how much it was hurting me. I wanted to yell at him and make him realize that it was him who broke off things between us and he had no right to sounded pained about it.

"I guess some part of me will always love you and the rest of me is just going to die. Bye, Erica."

And then he hung up. I was too stunned to say anything so I just continued to stare at the phone screen processing his words. His each word kept repeating in my mind like a loud jumbled echo. Tears rolled down my eyes. Darkness began to cloud my vision and then and there I fainted.

---*-*-*---

Vote
Comment
& Share