CRAZY GIRLS AND SHOPPING MOVIE DATES

THE DEAL
five | ❝You'll always be more than south side trash, Gallagher. Never doubt that for a second.❞

          "It's after school? Where are you?" Poppy said into her phone. Carl was on the other line, and she was trying to figure out where he was.

"My teacher made me stay after class because I was talking or some shit, I didn't pay attention," he explained, "I'll be out in a few."

"Alright," Poppy hung up and put her phone into her hoodie's pocket. She tucked a strand of her brown hair behind her ear and fiddled with the books she had in her hands as she waited for her 'boyfriend' to get there.

"Hey, Poppy," Poppy turned once she heard the unfamiliar voice, to see that it belonged to Lisa, one of Dominique's friends.

"Hey, Lisa," Poppy offered the taller girl a smile, feelings slightly confused as to why she was talking to her.

"So, I heard you and Carl are dating now," Lisa started, her voice not being friendly in the slightest, and Poppy felt her cheeks begin to redden.

"Oh, uh- yeah," she stuttered.

"Well, it's just, don't you find it a little weird that Dom breaks up with him, and like, the next day you guys are dating? Sorry to break it to you, honey, but he might using you just to try to get her back," Lisa popped her gum.

Poppy tried not to chuckle.

"You don't have to worry about me," Poppy told her in the most polite way possible.

Lisa scoffed rudely. "I'm just saying, Dom is, like- way prettier than you, so you might wanna watch out."

Poppy would lie if she said that didn't hurt, but she sure as hell didn't let it show when she calmly asked, "Do you have a problem with me?"

"You're out of line, Poppy!" Lisa was suddenly yelling and Poppy was very much taken aback. "I held myself back because Dom is my best friend, but now that they broke up, I finally had a chance with Carl and you took it!"

"Lisa, it's alright, just calm-"

Before Poppy could even finish her sentence, she was slammed against the wall, making her drop the books she was holding.

Lisa was gripping tightly onto her shirt and Poppy's toes were barely touching the ground anymore.

"Lisa!" Poppy yelped out in pain.

"You're such a bitch!"

After a few seconds of Poppy being slammed against the wall repeatedly by the much taller girl, a crowd started to form, and she saw Cristina running towards them with the principle behind her.

The principle had security hot on his heels and they pried Lisa away from Poppy who was groaning in pain as she fell to the floor.

Cristina went and kneeled down by her.

"Poppy, oh, my god! I'm so sorry I didn't help! It's just, I'm like as small as you are and I just thought getting the principle was smarter and-" Cristina kept on rambling.

"Cristina," Poppy interrupted as she rubbed her head, "it's fine, you helped me a lot, trust me. Thank you."

"Miss Maddox, are you alright?" The principle asked with concern.

"I'm fine," she muttered.

"Hey, what the hell's happening?!"

Poppy recognized the voice and really hoped Carl wouldn't make a big deal about it.