EB 8: Where She's The One Who's Always Made Him Care, Laugh, And Smile

Chapter Posted - December 04, 2016

Queens, ignore any editing mistakes, especially regarding my French. I'll come back to fix it afterwards! 

Leave me your thoughts because I love reading them! Happy Reading. xo

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

C H E R  

:: Chapter (08) :: Where she's the one who's always made him care, laugh and smile

I can count on two hands the amount of sleep I've gotten in two days.

Truth be told, I don't know how I'm functioning right now, as I pack my books and shove all my belongings into my satchel. It may have been the Starbucks coffee I downed like water this morning. Or the three snickerdoodles Sara made me swallow when she saw I wasn't having breakfast.

Needless to say, my body is working on a sugar high. It's only a few hours until everything comes crashing down and I need a nap.

As my Sports and Nutrition complimentary class wraps up, I follow the horde of students out of the auditorium and into the hallway. Tara is waiting for me so we can go have lunch by the river. Eleven forty five am usually means rush hour and the hallways are crowded and bustling with bodies. It takes me a while to spot Tara, leaning against a row of lockers.

Her blonde hair is piled up in a careless bun on top of her head and she wears a pink hoodie from her sorority. The worn-out leggings and flashy pink sandals complete her look, but it's the LV bag she carries between her perfectly manicured fingers that speaks volume. She's texting away on her phone, so she doesn't see me.

I call out to her as I weave my way through a few people. "Tara!"

Green eyes narrow and snap up to meet mine. My smile slides off my face.

I frown as I near her. "Hey."

Tara's not happy as she sees me. Her face screws in a mask of fury.

"Oh, God. What did I go now?" I groan, having a good idea of what I did.

"We need to talk."

* * *

We're sitting outside on a wooden picnic banc by the river next to our campus. I unwrap my chicken sandwich, before taking a sip of my iced tea. "You going to talk to me anytime soon, Tar?"

The weather is nice and breezy, but it's gloomy outside. Almost like it's going to rain soon. There are a few people lingering outside in the courtyard. Some throwing around a football. Some resting under the shade of a tree, reading their course packs. Others just downright sprawled on the grass, listening to their music.

I can see this place growing on me. I love my roommate, my classes aren't so bad, and I'm close to family. The only downside is not seeing Pierre everyday like I used to. But compromising is key and I will be skype-ing with him tonight.

"I don't know, Cher. I should probably give you the silent treatment for that stunt you pulled Friday night."

I cringe internally.

"Disappearing like that wasn't cool, Cheryl," she finally sighs tiredly, breaking her pissed bravado façade. "I was fucking worried. Steph and I leave for two seconds to go to the bathroom, and I come back and you're gone. I asked nearly everyone in the bar if they saw you. I went as far as going between your roommate and Jared to break up their grinding slash let's-dry-hump-on-the-dance-floor festival. I was that desperate! And the best part? Jared was so hammered he had no fucking clue where you were and even Trent was nowhere to be seen. I was going to have a coronary attack. You took ten years out of my life, Cher."