Prologue

A shrill cry broke the deafening silence inside of the sterile and cold hospital. Nurses rushed forward as the child began to cry out for their mother. Mrs. Goldstein held her arms out greedily for her child, wanting to soothe the desperate child. She was beautiful. The small child's cries slowly got quieter as she stared up at her mother. Her bright chocolate eyes stared up at her mother with love and affection as she was wrapped in a soft pink blanket.

The nurses soon began cleaning up the woman and she handed her child over to her husband who stared in awe. It was amazing to see, even after having two children previously. Love filled his heart as the infant begins to smile, gurgling and cooing up at her father. It was a beautiful day on November 2nd and Mr. Goldstein could not help but feel completely and utterly content.

At the sight of the small newborn, the two children sitting in the corner instantly get excited at the sight and run over to see their new baby sister.

"Can I hold her?" the youngest of the two, Queenie, calls out in excitement.

"Only if you promise to be very careful," the man says softly and places the bundle into her outstretched arms, supporting the child as she begins to hold the baby.

"She's so small," Queenie comments and giggles as the baby starts to reach up and grab at her auburn locks.

The younger of the two sisters grin as she stares at the youngest Goldstein and gently hands the infant to the eldest of all the sisters, Porpentina.

"Papa, will she get bigger?" Queenie asks curiously.

"Of course she will," Tina says to her younger sister and smiles as she brushes a few stray hairs out of the baby's face.

A nurse walks into the room, holding a clipboard with a couples papers on it. She looks up from her board and smiles at the family. She informs them that they have to fill out a couple forms before leaving with their new child so that they could keep her on record. Mrs. Goldstein instantly nods and takes the clipboard once it is handed to her. The two parents begin to fill out the many papers when their children have a question.

"Mama, what is her name?" Tina asks as she holds the infant in her arms, rocking her back and forth like her parents had once told her to do.

Mrs. Goldstein smiles at her children and looks over at her husband to make sure that they had finally made a decision.

"Well, girls. Your sister's name is Persephone. Persephone Calethia Goldstein," she tells them and smiles as they begin to talk to their youngest sister.

The moment was euphoric for the whole family. But the happiness did not last long. An outbreak of Dragon Pox had broken out all over New York and had killed the young and blooming couple. It was horrible for all who had suffered from it, but the worst had reached Mr. and Mrs. Goldstein and had made them fatally ill. They were killed by the illness and the three sisters were left to fend for themselves with no help from the Aunt that took them in. The three were under the care of their Aunt, but she could not care less about the three children. This led to the kids raising themselves as they went on in life.

Ilvermorny was a haven for the three girls. They were able to escape from their horrible aunt and build their skills as new and upcoming witches. The three girls were separated into three different houses, but it did not stop them from growing close to one another. Persephone learned so much from being in Wampus, but always saved time to spend with her older two sisters. She loved them with all of her heart and would do anything for them. They all would.

Persephone herself grew into a rowdy and confident young girl. She was outspoken and loud with a caring heart that would get her into trouble when she would sneak out of her dorms late at night to visit her sisters. Her independent personality followed her out of school and helped her out in the real world once Tina was recruited as an Auror by MACUSA. She would aid her sister in her escapades, even doing inside and undercover work for her. It was all fueled by her love for adrenaline and adventure. Though, she never thought she would fall in love while working.

Love was unexpected and unneeded in Persephone's life. She was perfectly content where she was as a sort of spy for MACUSA. It was an unknown thing in her life or at least romantic love. She had plenty of familial love for her sisters. But, she never knew that she would encounter a love that would change her for the good. She never knew she would meet a No-Maj that would change her entire life. And she would love it. 

-

REWRITTEN

A/N: Hi, so I rewrote this and I hope you like it better. It gives a lot more insight into Persephone's life before the story and I like it better. I hope you've enjoyed and please leave a comment and a vote. I love y'all! <3 The Small Teaspoon