Six: I don't like sharing.

“Hold up.” I put my hands out in front of me to stop him from talking “You’re seriously telling me I’m a princess? Me?” I pointed at myself in disbelief “Me?”

“You.” Archie, once again, answered for Kyle.

“I’m The Princess of Elements.” I said to myself

“Element manipulators.” Aiden corrected me.

“R-right.” I nodded slowly, trying to take everything in they had told me.

More importantly, did I believe them?

I know that they had given me evidence that everything they had told me was true, but could it be a fix?

“Okay…prove it.” I lowered my eyebrows at Archie “Set fire to something.”

 “I thought you might ask me to do that.” He smiled and placed his hand on the table, palm facing the ceiling. I watched him as he stared down at his hand and a few seconds later there was a red flame sitting on top of it, licking at the air above it.

“Oh my god.” I whispered and then panic filled my whole body “Get him some water!” I pushed Lucas who was sat closest to the sink.

“Relax,” Lucas rolled his eyes and slouched back in his seat

“His hand is literally on fire! He is burning his hand Lucas, get some water!” I pushed him two, three times.

“Arabella.” Archie spoke and I looked at his hand but found no flame there. “It doesn’t burn, I’m okay.”

“But…But fire burns!” I argued

Everyone in the room chuckled, apart from Dylan who stood in the same place with the same wary expression on her face since she had entered the kitchen.

“What’s so funny?” I shifted in my seat, embarrassed that everyone was laughing at me.

“Fire can’t burn us Ari,” Kyle patted my left shoulder.

“Arabella,” I corrected once again

“If we felt the heat then it wouldn’t be a very good power to have would it?” He laughed “We can’t feel the burning heat, of course, it feels warm but it doesn’t hurt. The fumes don’t affect us either.”     

“You don’t die of carbon monoxide?” I asked in disbelief “But…your lungs, how do they take it…humans need oxygen to live.”

“Well we’re not humans.” Aiden smirked “We’ve just told you that we’re Element Manipulators.”

“Not human?” I repeated “That’s impossible.”

So is setting fire to something with your mind.

“I think that’s enough for today.” Archie clapped his hands together as if we had just had a very successful business meeting, not that I’d just been told I was a princess of some non-human-alien- element-controlling-people-things.

Wait; if I was one of them they didn’t that mean….

“Does that mean I’m not human either?” I asked

“You are an element Manipulator.” Archie nodded

“I’m a freaking alien.” I mumbled to myself

“You’re not an alien.” Lucas rolled his eyes and stood up. “They don’t exist.” 

Aiden stood up and stretched “Do you want to get some sleep? I know it’s been a tough day.”