Chapter 39

"It takes one person to forgive, it takes two people, to be reunited"

-Lewis B-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

I can't believe Stefano is taking me home right now. We are on our way back to the hotel, and he refused to let me stay in my house tonight because he is afraid I would run away again.

We don't talk much during our way there, the only words heard are apology from both of us to each other and how Stefano say he is going to explain everything after things have calmed down.

Things are really complicated for me right now, I don't know what I should say when I meet Alan and the rest, gosh, this is embarrassing, I hope they wouldn't be too mad at me for leaving like that.

Now, what do I do ?

The hotel room is pretty empty because Stefano had to go out for a moment to take care of the things I have here, and I'm all alone in a place I don't exactly feel comfortable in.

I look at myself in the mirror, gosh, I am a mess. I look tired and pale, almost as if I have been sick for days, I have no makeup on for I have removed it beforehand and I look horrible overall, why does Stefano even wants me again ? It doesn't make any sense.

What is that man thinking, exactly ?

It almost as if the bed is calling me to lay down and just sleep right away and I am tempted to get to bed as well, I feel like I'm going to sleep for days because I have never been so sleepy before.

I begin sitting in the bed and the mattress, gosh, it's so soft and cushiony, like a cloud, which makes me want to lay on it forever. Maybe I am overreacting but people do this as well whenever they are tired, don't they ?

I slowly lay down and close my eyes, and I start to drift off to sleep, and from afar, I can hear someone opening the door, but I am too sleepy to even try opening my eyes, and I hear soft footsteps coming my way, and I can feel someone's big hand touching my hair, and slowly caressing it.

And I hear one last sentence before I fall completely asleep.

"Goodnight, Cara Mia, I love you"

***

The flight has been pretty bad for me, the whole way I feel like throwing up, but I have to hold it the nausea feeling because it's not funny throwing up on such a precious plane like this.

Stefano keeps me company in order to make up for some things. We talk about stuff and exchange jokes, which is good to avert my mind from the sickness.

"Say, Destiny, have you ever thought of why doves are the symbols of marriage ?"

That is a random question, actually, I know the answer.

"Because doves are meant to be mated for life, right ?"

He nods, and smiles.

"But there is more, they will build nest together, whisper too each other coos, take care of their chicks together, and when they are separated, no matter how long and how distance, when they are united, they will be very excited and greet each other joyously"