eleven

a/n comment your birthday and try to find a birthday twin because i'm thirsty for comments my birthday is may 17th find me

--

Luke: What time is best for you to come to the shelter with us? I was thinking noon, but I'm open to any other suggestions that are better for you. x

Michael: Noon is fine!!

Luke: Okay. Do you want me to pick you up?

Michael: Sure :-)

With a smile adorned on his dark pink lips, Michael turned to Ashton excitedly and announced, "Luke will be here to pick me up in approximately seven minutes and counting."

Ashton chuckled and let his hand drop down over Michael's scalp, his fingers brushing through Michael's ashy brown hair as he replied, "Do you want me to pick you up at the shelter? That way we can head straight to campus to our study session."

"Man, I forgot about that," Michael jutted his lower lip out in a pout as he quit snuggling up beside Ashton to sit up on their couch and give his best friend a pleading expression, "You seriously want me there?"

"Seriously," Ashton confirmed, his hazel eyes scanning over Michael's features before he also sat up, "I need you there, Mike. I feel like I'll say some dumb shit if I don't have you by my side, and then Calum will hate me."

"If Calum hates you, then he's got some serious issues," Michael declared, standing up from the couch and then self-consciously looking down to his outfit, "Ash? Do I look okay?"

"You look more than okay, bud," Ashton reassured as he swept his gaze up and down Michael's body. The brunet was wearing an over-sized black sweater that swallowed up his fists and continuously slipped down his shoulders, and a pair of black skinny jeans with various-sized rips all down the front of his thighs, knees, and calves. Ashton had grown a bit worried as to why Michael kept wearing all black, but he decided to keep his mouth shut for the time being.

A beam made its way onto Michael's face at Ashton's words, but then he glanced down and insecurely tugged at the hem of his sweater. "You think good enough for Luke?"

"I think that Luke'll be impressed by whatever you wear, because you look great in everything you put on," Ashton smiled as he stood up from the couch, his height causing him to tower over Michael. The wavy haired boy reached out to gently shake Michael's shoulder in a supportive manner, "Mikey, come on. Is there something you want to talk to me about? I can tell something is off with you, and I just want to be there for you whatever it is. Whether you're feeling insecure again, or you just need a hug or cuddles."

"A hug sounds great right now," Michael admitted, gazing up into his best friend's bright hazel eyes. Ashton smiled sympathetically before wrapping his arms around Michael's smaller body and holding him close, rubbing soothing circles into his back. Michael swallowed hard before pushing his face into the material of Ashton's sweatshirt and muttering, "Maybe I'll open up to you later tonight. I could also really use some cuddles, but later."

"Of course. You need me, you just tell me and I'll clear my schedule," Ashton instructed, pulling out of the brief hug. He cupped one side of Michael's face, his thumb skimming underneath Michael's eye before the both of them heard the doorbell ring. As a result, Michael's gaze drifted to the clock on the kitchen wall and his green eyes widened.

"It's Luke!" Michael exclaimed, quickly taking some steps back and nearly tripping over their little coffee table, "Shit, I have to go."

"Whoa, watch your step, buddy," Ashton laughed as Michael struggled to put on a pair of black combat boots, almost tripping again but managing to shove them onto his feet. He took a deep breath as he straightened up and met Ashton's brightly illuminated hazel eyes.

"I'll text you when we're done at the shelter," Michael informed somewhat anxiously, pulling his sleeves further over his hands and then adjusting the cuffs of his jeans with the heels of his boots. Ashton nodded as he placed a hand on the small of Michael's back and led him towards the front door, since they had kept Luke waiting long enough.

Michael shoved his phone into the front pocket of his black skinny jeans before pulling open the front door to reveal Luke standing on their welcome mat, his feet rocking his weight back and forth and his fists awkwardly pushed into the front pockets of his black skinny jeans, which were even tighter than Michael's.

"Hi," Michael grinned at the sight of the taller blond, but then felt the warmth of Ashton's hand on his back and shifted to the side so that the wavy haired boy could have a good glimpse of Luke, "Luke, this is my roommate and best friend, Ashton. Ash, this is Luke, the guy whose kids I've been babysitting."

"Hey, it's nice to meet you," Ashton extended his hand out towards Luke with a smile on his lips, so the blond hurriedly took his hand out of his pocket and met Ashton's hand.

"Nice to meet you, too," Luke smiled back tensely before his navy blue eyes shifted over to Michael and his hand dropped from Ashton's, "Are you ready to go, Mikey? The kids are waiting in the car and they're so excited to see you."

"Yeah, let's go," The shorter boy gave Ashton one last smile before following Luke out the door, making sure that Ashton shut the door behind them and then approaching Luke's Audi. The windows to his sleek black car were cracked open slightly, but it was hardly noticeable since his windows were tinted to be the same dark shade of the car.

"Isn't this an illegal tint?" Michael questioned curiously as Luke unlocked the car doors. The blond chuckled at that and got inside the driver's seat, glancing over as Michael eagerly sat down in the passenger's seat.

"Yup," Luke replied, popping the 'p' noise as he adjusted the rear-view mirror to smile back at his kids in the backseat without having to turn around, "Kids, look who's here!"

"Hey, friends," Michael beamed widely as he turned around in his seat, meeting the bright blue eyes of Mazie and then Matthew, both of them seated in booster seats. They smiled back at him before Michael turned back in his seat, tugging on his seat belt seconds before Luke began to drive off.

"That was a stop sign," Michael pointed out as Luke drove through an empty four-way intersection.

Luke shrugged, "It's fine; nobody was there. I've been driving way longer than you, so there's no need for you to be a copilot here."

"There is when I don't like the way you're driving," Michael insisted, his pale green eyes continuously shifting from the road ahead of them to Luke, sneakily admiring him from the side angle he was at.

As the car braked to a red light shining at them, Luke glanced over to meet Michael's gaze and a smirk appeared on his dark pink lips. "Honey, just take a deep breath and calm down. I'm only driving like this because I'm excited to get our dog."

--

a/n what do u guys think of the caps? i haven't used caps for a story in such a long time wowzz

what do u think of luke calling michael "honey?" i thought it was cute

what do u think of this chapter?

sending lots of love to all of you. xxx