CHAPTER 11

The Gale Force radioed in saying we were cleared to land. I relayed that to Michael. Our ships touched down almost simultaneously. Sand and dust flew up as the ships rested on the sandy plain this base was stationed at. As I stepped out, A tight formation of P-51 mustangs roared overhead. It looked like they had fire from their tails, but then I noticed there were no propellers on the fronts. They broke off and went West, but one flew low over our ships. It shook its wings like saying hello before breaking away and screaming after its friends.

       "No time to check out Vegas, guys." I said.

        Everyone groaned and started grabbing the refueling equipment. James walked up behind me.

       "Pretty something, huh?" He said. "Those new P-51s can go about 600 miles an hour! We're thinking of calling them P-51Mk2s. What do you think?"

       "Great name!" I replied. We waited a few hours until it was sunset. It takes hours to refuel these massive ships. We lifted of at 18:00 hours. We would go straight to Pearl Harbor before getting filled in on our mission.

       When we arrived in Pearl Harbor, we saw thousands of planes sitting on tarmacs and in the air. All three ships touched down and we were driven to the main quarters.

       Inside the main planning room there were dozens of blueprints on tables and walls. One I recognized instantly as the Bismark 2, followed with blueprints of the Yamato. But something was wrong. One showed it as Yamato, while another showed the exact same ship as Musashi. James must have seen my confused so he walked up beside me.

       "Musashi is the name of her sister, twin sister." James explained.

       "Twin! You only said all I had to destroy was one!" I yelled.

       "You do. If we can sink one, the other one will realize they aren't the most powerful. Then, they'll surrender us the other one and we can add it to our fleet."

      "Well, that sounds complicated." Michael suddenly said.

       "You never explained how we have those rockets on our planes." Joey said.

       "Glad you asked. A few years ago, when Pearl Harbor was attacked a second time, we were ready. Some planes were shot down and remained in working order. Some scientists took them apart, and made them better." He explained.

       "Neat." Aaron replied.

       Just then we got a telegram saying we we would move out in two days to a small island close to Japan. A large part of the allied forces were waiting, and more would come. I looked at everyone after I read the message.

      "You guys ready to do this?" I asked.

       "YES!" Everyone shouted.