Chapter 58: Justice League

Iroh's P.O.V

"What consequences?"

"Have you ever thought about Zuko and Ilah? What will happen to them if you aren't anymore?"

"I? Have YOU ever thought about them? No you haven't! Do you know how often I pray to God that he protects you? No, you don't."

"Saira.", I looked into her beautiful eyes,"You are different from me. Children can live without a father but not without their mother. I don't want to loose you Saira."

Saira laughed sarcastically. Great. The argument started again:"How am I supposed to live without you? I won't be able to raise them alone. Iroh, the Fire Nation can't live without you. You are the future Fire Lord. I'm just your wife. I have done my duty. I have given birth to an heir, two. It won't matter if I'm not alive anymore."

I was shocked of my wife's statement. She was more important than she thought:"Don't you ever think or say this again, Saira. You are more important than you think."

I pulled the most beautiful woman on earth closer to me and placed my lips on hers.
Saira pulled away, knowing that we were acting unprofessional. I was still holding her in my arms and she stroked my cheek softly:"I love you Iroh. Keep that in your mind."

I smiled and let her go to. During the next few minutes, the Avatar decided to work alone. It was not a good idea because Amon was a dangerous man and nobody knew what he could do to Korra, especially what happened to Saira a few years back. It was strange that she could not remember what happened to her that day and Saira was lucky that he didn't take her bending abilities away from her. But Korra's situation was different. She was the Avatar and she needed her bending. But Korra was right. How long did we want to wait here, hiding? My grandfather always trusted the Avatar's instincts, so I decided to do that too. To Korra's safety, I decided to send Saira with her. I had a bad feeling about this but I had no other choice. We would part ways in the morning. I would go with Bolin and Asami and Saira with Korra and Mako.

At the evening we decided to sit together and to have a comfortable conversation before we would fight. Gommu handed us bowls with whatever it was in it. I started eating and noticed that Saira was only staring at her dish.

"You aren't pregnant, are you?"

She looked at me with shock written on her face and whispered:"Of course not. Otherwise I wouldn't be here."

"Why aren't you eating then?"

"Pull out the spoon and I will."

She handed me her bowl and I tried to pull it out but I couldn't. She looked at me with amusement and chuckled. After a while I succeeded but I would not let Saira eat this. I handed her my bowl instead and we both ate from it.

"So...who wants to play a game?", Bolin interrupted. We raised our heads and looked at each other.

"I'm in.", Saira said.

"Me too.", I answered.

The others agreed too and Bolin explained us what we had to do. The game was simply called The Truth. The first question was asked by Bolin:"Who was your first crush Asami?"

We looked at her and she blushed slightly. Then first she looked to Mako and then in my way:"Well...it was Iroh. Sorry Saira."

"It's okay.", my wife laughed,"It's difficult not to fall for Iroh."

"Thank you. It's my turn. Saira, what was the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?"

I looked at her and she shrugged, giving me an innocent smile:"When I was at the United Forces, before Iroh and I were in a relationship, there was an annual Charity Fashion Show. They needed one last model and I agreed on it because it was...well charity. Two days later I was told that we had to walk in underwear, I wanted to cancel but the girl who asked me, told me that I couldn't say no anymore. So...it was the walk was the most embarrassing part of my life."