Chapter 39 ~ Two Pieces of a Perfect Heart

~Character art: Top Right Josh, Top Left Leo, Middle Right Christian, Middle Left Matthew, Bottom Right Alexandra, Bottom Left Dante~

(Leo P.o.v)

I woke up after a long night and headed to the porch with a cup of coffee in hand.

I still love him after all these years. I want to tell him that but what if I screw up again? He doesn't deserve that, he doesn't deserve a screw-up. I made so many bad decisions in my life and Josh wasn't one of them, he gave me his heart all those years ago and I broke a perfectly good heart.

Josh in my heart I want to marry you one day. You're the only person on this earth that I want to spend the rest of my life with, I wanna grow old with you, we'll adopt kids, I'll take care of you forever and I know you want the same but that's not the way I should be thinking. In the long run. Will I hurt you again? You've turned into a strong guy Josh but I could still see the sadness behind your eyes. Maybe if I didn't come back you'd have a bright future with Eric? Maybe I shouldn't have come back ...

Josh P.o.v

I woke up and peered at the clock. It was 9 AM. I got up and looked for Leo and eventually found him on the porch.

"Leo. Good morning.", I say to him.

"Good Morning Josh", he says as he walks up to me.

"Is that coffee?", I asked all star-eyed.

"Yeah. I made coffee", he says.

"I like coffee", I saw as my eyes continue to sparkle.

"Josh are you okay? You have a worried look on your face.", he asks.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm glad we had that talk", I reply while stealing his coffee.

I guess I was relieved to talk to Leo about my past. He didn't judge me but now he looks at me like a lost puppy.

"We should go soon if we want to reach Stratos town by 1 PM", he says.

"Okay. Do you want breakfast?", I ask.

"Nope. Are you hungry?", I ask.

"Naw. I'm okay", I smile while finishing the coffee.

"Let's take a shower and head out?", I ask.

We then both headed to the shower together, the moment felt so nostalgic, it was almost so natural.

10 AM

We sat in the car as Leo drove us to Stratos town. It was a sunny day. We don't get much of these anymore.

"Deep in thought?", he asks.

"No the sky looks so pretty", I smile.

"It's always something as simple as this to get you to smile isn't it?", he laughs.

"Yes of course. So how are you gonna explain to our friends that you're magically alive?", I ask.

"The truth", he sighs.

"Well the truth is always better.", I reply.

"Yes. It's better to let the truth pierce than being comforted by a lie", he says.

"Agreed. It'll be fine", I insist.

"So where exactly are we meeting them?", he asks.

"That cafe that we all met up at. Do you remember the one?", I ask.

"Yes. Of course, I do", he smiles.

It took us a while but we finally arrived at Stratos town, this cold dark lonely place that I used to call home. It was 1:20 PM and we hurried to the cafe to find everyone waiting.

We slowly walk up to them as their eyes widen in pure shock.

"Hi", says Leo.

"Leo... It's Leo... How? What? What? Leo?", says Alexandra baffled.

"We shouldn't have watched the Walking Dead last night", whispers Dante.

"You're alive? Josh what is going on?", Christian asked as he looks at me.

Leo then sat down and briefed them on what happened. They were all shocked and speechless, just like I was when I first found out.

"So you lied to all of us?", says Christian.

"Yes. I'm so sorry", says Leo.

"Sorry isn't gonna bring Josh's smile back!", yells Christian as we all stare at him.

"Calm down babe. We're all happy your still alive and well", says Matthew holding Christian hand.

"Where's Lily?", I ask.

"Well she just graduated law school, she's currently doing an internship, I believe today's her first day", explains Alexandra.

"Well, I have good news and bad news", says Christian while looking at me.

"What is it?", I ask.

"Well the good news is that I finally asked Matthew to marry me", he says lighting up.

We all suddenly got happy and got up congratulating them both. I'm so glad for Christian. I like Matthew, he's a really nice guy and he seems to care a lot about Christian. That's all one can really ask for, I can't picture Christian with anyone else.

"So when is the wedding?", asks Alexandra.

"In 2 weeks", says Christian.

"I couldn't wait", smiles Matthew.

"I hope you all would come?", Christian asks.

"Of course", we all reply in unison.

We then have a toast to the happy couple as they blush together.

"What's the bad news?", I ask curiously.

"Josh, your mother was admitted into the hospital at 1:00 AM yesterday. She then got a heart attack and passed away at 2:00 AM.", says Christian.

"Oh?", I reply while sipping my coffee.

"Oh?", asks Dante.

"People die all the time", I say.

"Not people. Your mother... Your flesh and blood", says Dante.

"Amy was my flesh and blood", I say.

"You should talk to your dad. There's something you need to know, something very important..", says Christian.

"Why would I do that? You know what I went through with them, I don't wanna see their faces ever again", I reply in rage.

"You can't make him", says Leo folding his arms.

Christian then went up to Leo and whispered something in his ear. I could see Leo's eyes widen.

"Josh. Change of plans. You're going to your dad's for a bit", he says sternly.

"Why? What's so important?", I ask.

"I can't say but you have to trust me. You have to go.", begs Leo.

What in the world are they planning? I really don't want to go back there but now I'm curious...