40

when they heard a little argument burst amongst the kids who just got off the bus, they weren't expecting adrian to be involved in it. but he was, and as dan pushed through a few confused parents and jobless teachers just enjoying the show, he couldn't help but let his mouth hang open at the harsh tone adrian was speaking in.

"why don't you tell that to your mum, gareth?" adrian spit as he ran a hand through his overgrown and messy hair, squinting angrily at the chubby kid standing in front of him, a few students laughing and whispering into each other's ears. a few were actually concerned enough to go and meet their parents and siblings, but the others were just enjoying the little show.

"yeah i would, but you can't since you don't have one," gareth took a while to respond and dan already had his blood boiling. he could punch this kid if he wanted to, but phil was holding tightly onto his hand, holding him back.

"i don't need one, especially a one like yours who-nevermind, i have to go," adrian rolled his eyes pushing past the boy with the enormous built, his eyes searching for his own parents who were quietly standing amongst the heap of many others.

"oh yeah?" the kid yelled, his voice annoying and nasally and if adrian didn't know that teachers were here and watching him he would have thrown a shoe at his fat head. "at least my dad doesn't suck dick like yours," gareth shot back immaturely, crossing his arms across his chest and dan was about to cut into the fight to end it, and possibly tell gareth to fuck the hell off, but before he could, adrian was snorting loudly and replying to him.

"at least he sucks much better dick than your mum," at that, dan let out a loud "oh" in amusement, causing a few parents to look disapprovingly at him, and a few kids to laugh out loud. gareth was turning red, and late enough, his mother walked in the middle of the tiny circle, glaring at adrian and pushing gareth behind her back as if to protect him.

"i could report your nonsensical behaviour to the teachers and you'll be out of the school in a matter of seconds," she seethed quietly, and dan couldn't take it anymore. he shook off phil's grip before grabbing adrian's arm and pulling him back behind him, copying the flabby woman's actions.

"oh yeah? i would love to see how you do that miss, especially when your child is being so disrespectful," dan spoke calmly as phil buried his face in his hands in embarrassment, and adrian giggled quietly into his back, dan trying to shush him discretely.

"he's a faggot," gareth piped in all of a sudden, and dan just cocked at eyebrow at him in frustration.

"yeah, and you're a fucking twat," dan spoke too soon, because the kids started howling, and the teachers did nothing but watch the scene in front of them in slight amusement.

"dan," phil called quietly in embarrassment and just as dan whipped his head to look at him, the woman was speaking again.

"you're embarrassing your husband," the woman snickered, and dan just gritted his teeth. he really did not want to start an argument or take the matter further but it was cold and he was sleep deprived, and this woman and her child were just getting on his nerves.

"and you could do that too if you had one," he fired, adrian just hooting quietly from behind him, causing phil to let out a small giggle before grabbing dan's arm and attempting to drag him and adrian out of this.

"come on, let's go," phil voice was low, as he put his hand behind adrian's back, his fingers gripping dan's arm softly to lead him away from the short crowd.

dan only rolled his eyes dramatically, glaring at the stupid kid before walking out, but of course him being him he had to make another comment before just leaving.

"you should stop feeding your child so much because i think all that grease is getting into his tiny little head," he suggested as if it was a very helpful advice, shooting a small grin towards the family of two before quickly exiting, ruffling adrian's hair and placing both his hands on the shorter boy's shoulders, smiling in victory.

"did he annoy you a lot while you were at camp, because i can go back there and ruin my reputation for once and for all," dan said sarcastically and adrian only leaned back slightly, a happy smile on his face.

"nah, don't worry about it,"

--
i attempted to make this a bit funny ???? did i succeed