11. Adjustments

I shoved another handful of chips into my mouth. The sound of my teeth crunching the chips filled the room. I let out a sigh then continued scribbling answers down on a piece of paper.

After Alex and I's conversation, I went back to Titus's house. I've been here for hours doing homework. Secretly avoiding everyone. Alex tried to convince me to eat dinner with the pack but I politely declined. I'm just not ready for all the stares and awkwardness. I knew Titus wouldn't be happy when he found out I was a no-show. But at this point, I could care less.

I was just about to shove another handful of chips into my mouth when the door to the bedroom opened. Titus's scent filled my nostrils. I stilled.

He completely ignored me and walked right into the bathroom. When I heard the shower turn on I let out a sigh. Checking the clock, I groaned when it wear 11:26 PM.

After half an hour Titus walked out dressed in only black pajama pants. He walked right past me then slid into the bed. He turned off the bedside light, leaving only the desk light to illuminate the huge room.

A few minutes later I heard light snores. I turned my chair to face him. He was asleep on the bed with his left arm over his face. I finally decided to suck it up and go to bed. I tip toed my way to my side of the bed. I slipped under the covers and laid on my side, facing away from Titus.

I decided to speak, knowing he couldn't hear me. "I'm sorry." I said in almost a whisper. When Titus's arms wrapped around my waist I stilled. The sparks started raking over my skin. He pulled me to his chest then nuzzled his nose into my neck. Taking in my scent. "We'll talk in the morning love." I smiled then let sleep overtake me.

***

I woke to an empty bed in the morning. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I quickly took a shower then changed into an olive green cropped hoodie and matching joggers. I slipped on my white converse then headed back to the restroom to brush my teeth. When finished, I placed my hair in a messy bun with a few strands sculpting my face.

Right as I was leaving the room my phone chimed. I pulled it out of my pocket and read the message.

Titus:
When you wake up, meet me in my office. The one at the pack house.

I furrowed my brows then typed up a quick reply.

Brinn:
Do you have another office or something?

Titus:
Yes, if you paid attention to detail you would know I have an office downstairs. It rarely gets used, but it's there.

Oh.

I started my walk to the pack house when my phone began ringing. "Ugh give me a break!" I said aloud.

I began to panic when my dad's face displayed on the screen. I wanted to ignore the call completely, but I knew I needed to talk to him eventually. "H-hello?" I stammered.

"Brinn..." He started.

"Yes daddy?"

He sighed. "I presume you know why I'm calling."

I rolled my eyes, knowing he can't see me. "Yeah, because you guys are cowards and didn't want to be around when I found out." It came out harsher than I intended, but he needed to hear it.

"Hey! I am still your father and your Alpha!" His voice boomed through the phone, causing me to stop in my tracks.

"Now, we wanted to be there with you. But we concluded that it was something you needed to experience without us. You aren't a little pup anymore." I ran my hand over my face. "I know."

"Your mother wants to talk to you." I sighed. "Fine."

A few moments later my mom's sweet voice filled my ear. "Brinn, how are you sweetie?"

"I'm fine okay."

"I'm so sorry we couldn't have told you sooner."

"It's fine momma."

"My strong pup. Always having a forgiving heart." I smiled.

"Momma I have to go talk to Titus now. I'll talk to you later."

"Oh! How are you two doing?" My mom asked excitedly

"Goodbye momma."

She scoffed. "Fine, don't spill the tea."

Did she just say spill the tea?

"I'm going to hang up now before this gets even weirder."

"Okay bye honey." I hung up the phone then shook my head.

That woman.

***

I ignored all the stares I was getting as I made my way into the pack house. I got a couple of greeting from a few people, but mostly questioning gazes.

I took a deep breath before I lifted my hand to knock on Titus's door. "Come in!" He said before my fist met the door. I furrowed my brows and opened the door.

Titus was staring out the window that overlooked the pack. "How did you do that?" He turned to face me. "I'm your mate." I gave him a 'so?' look.

He chuckled. "My wolf could sense your presence."

"Oh."

He gestures for me take a seat. I sit in one of the chairs in front of his desk. He made his way around the desk so he was now standing in front of me. Leaning against the desk he asked, "Do you accept me as your mate?"

I nodded slowly. "Yes." His eyes lit up, but he quickly composed himself. "Do you accept the Luna position?"

"Eh..." He sighed then ran his hand over his face. "It's not that I don't. It's just...that's a lot to ask from me Titus. When I thought of a mate, I thought of a normal wolf in the pack." Or carter, But I wasn't about to admit that to Titus.

His eyes turned a dark shade. I took his hands in mine, calming him and his wolf. "Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you're my mate, but I just wasn't prepared is all." He nodded. "We can work towards that."

I wiped a strand of curly brown hair out of his face. "Look I'll take the Luna position. Just be patient. This is all new to me, okay?" He placed a kiss on my forehead. "Okay."

He started nuzzling his nose into my neck, which quickly lead up to soft kisses. He placed a kiss on my neck, where I would bear his claim in the future. "Good, cause the ceremony is this evening." He tensed.

"What?!"

***

I had been staring at my reflection for the past hour, debating on how I wanted to play this out. The ceremony was in an hour and I hadn't started on anything. Rachel and Alex offered to help, but I politely declined. I needed to be alone to process all of this.

I sighed. I knew I needed to get out of this rut and face the music. I turned on my speaker and let the sounds of my playlists fill the room. I ran my brush through my hair and let it fall in deep waves down my back.

I applied my mascara and a nude lipstick. Nothing too crazy.

For my outfit, I chose a long sleeved orange top and some black jeans. I paired it with my black vans and called it a day.

I was checking my appearance when the door creaked open. Titus's scent filled the room as I turned to face him.

We both stared at one another. Taking in each other's appearance. Titus wore dark jeans with a crisp white button up.  I slowly ran my tongue over my lip. Titus's gaze followed my action.

He cleared his throat. "We should go." I nodded. He reached out his hand for me to take. I placed my hand in his and we took off.

***

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share! 💙

Song:
Flowers Bloom~ High Highs 😌