eleven: even though you don't mean to hurt me

"Damn. My parents aren't home." I mumbled, setting my backpack on the couch. I glanced outside the window, huffing when I saw that no one was home at all. How did I not notice that before? I shook my head, turning back around and face Lauren."You want something to drink or something?" I tried my best on not to be awkward, I don't think I did a good job.

"I'm good." She shook her head, setting her keys on top of the kitchen counter."I actually need to get to work soon. So if you could, I don't know, talk to me about what you need to talk about."

Okay, I'm going to have to get straight to the point on this one. So I gestured for to take a seat on the couch with me, as I tried to think of a way to start this off. I gently tugged on the loose fabric of the couch, twirling it around my finger shortly. I avoided her eyes, hoping that maybe I could pass time without saying anything. I always do this with her anyway.

There was this one time she picked me up to go to the nail salon with her, and it was awkward. The entire drive over there, she would try to start a conversation but I would just give her one worded answers. I don't do it purposely, I'm just awkward.

"Y/N."

Damn it. I thought I was getting away with it.

"Right..." I dragged out, clearing my throat a little longer and dramatically, still trying to buy time. I saw her give me a look, one I understood perfectly, but I still continued with clearing my throat. I coughed a few times, bringing my hand up to cover my mouth as I continued.

"Y/N!"

"Okay, geez," I muttered, slouching down a little where in seated. I scratched my head, now, this time really thinking of how to start. But then I remembered how I started with Dorelys, so I decided to start like that."So uh, Leonard's an asshole."

I brought my hand up to my mouth, my jaw dropped as I processed what I just said. I honestly didn't want to say that. But I mean, it's not like it's not true. Either way, that was the last thing I wanted to say to Lauren, especially not the first thing to say to start a conversation. And as I look at Lauren, see the angry look in her eyes, I knew I should have thought of what I said before saying it.

I fucked up.

"Excuse me?" I mentally rolled my eyes, scoffing at her mentally too, hating that she was acting like I didn't just say that. It also took her long to respond too.

Yet, I still tried to clear up what I said. There was no way to clear it up, but I tried my best."Um, Leonard is...um, wow, shit. I'm fucked. There is no way out of this." I laughed quietly at myself, only realizing I said that out loud when I heard Lauren speak up again.

"Are you going to talk to me about what your sister and brother are constantly talking to me about?" My eyes widen, sitting up and moving away from her a little. She was pissed, glaring at me, looking at me like she really wanted to kill me. Knowing Lauren, when she's pissed she tends to take things too far, so she's probably thinking about killing now.

"Lauren, look-"

"No. You look," I pursed my lips, suddenly feeling small when she stood up from the couch to look down at me."you were the only person I felt comfortable with during this whole situation..."

Situation, I thought. She knows it's bad because she's calling it a situation. She really needs to open her eyes.

"...that's why I stopped listening to your sister." Wait, what was she saying? I zoned out after she said situation. Damn it, this is why I don't get involved in drama; because I tend to zone out during drama."...and who are you anyway to talk?"

I zoned back in, my ears almost raising when I heard her say that. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking up at her questionably."What?"

"I was your first kiss, Y/N. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have had your first kiss." She said harshly, and I knew she was only saying this because she was mad, but it still hurt my heart. And she's fucking screaming at me but my stomach what's to start tingling like it always does when I'm around her. What the fuck? I should've eaten before we started this talk.