Girl's Day

Two months later, January

*

I've taken a day off today, as a much needed girl's day with Kayla. She wants me to start looking at my wedding dresses. Jonathan and I haven't yet decided when the wedding is going to be, but we think we want it in August, right before preseason starts. I've looked at different venues, and at the color scheme of the wedding, but nothing is set in stone yet. 

I get up early with Jonathan, since he still has practice in an hour. He showers and grabs an old shirt and a pair of jeans from his side of my closet. I make him and I coffee while he's in the bathroom, and I turn on the small TV that sits right outside of the kitchen. Turning to the Today Show, I use it as background noise while I read the morning newspaper. 

"Good morning, Beautiful", Jonathan says to me as he opens the bathroom door. I look over at him and all of his amazing glory.

"Hey, you". 

Jonathan walks over to me, turning my spinning bar chair so I face him. He stands slightly in between my legs. I wrap my arms around his neck to pull him in. We kiss for a moment, then he lets go. I feel slightly empty whenever we move away from each other after kissing. Jonathan walks around the counter and grabs a mug from the cabinet, pouring himself a black cup of coffee. He takes a sip, and I laugh in disgust. 

"What?"Jonathan chuckles. "You see me do this every morning. Coffee is good without cream or sugar".

"You liar!" I retort, still laughing. "Coffee is nowhere near good without cream or sugar. You're just super weird".

"You're the one who's deciding to marry my crazy ass. It's not my fault". 

"I still don't know what I was thinking. Beats me", I shrug, giving another laugh.

Jonathan walks back over and leans over my shoulder, looking at the newspaper in front of. "You thought you loved me, and that I loved you. And I still love you".

He leaves kisses on my cheeks, then to my ear, and down my neck, and on my shoulder. I shudder under the touch of his lips on my skin. I giggle when Jonathan's facial hair brushes against the side of my neck. 

I continue to read the newspaper, and Jonathan goes between taking sips of his coffee, kissing my neck and shoulder, and reading the small text of the paper. 

After sometime, Jonathan and I both finish reading, and our cups of coffee. Jonathan takes our coffee cups and puts them in the sink. "Up", I hear Jonathan command. 

He all but pushes me out of my chair and sits down on it. I fake pout, crossing my arms over my chest. I suddenly feel his hands grip my waist, and somehow, I'm straddling him. 

"No, Jonathan. Kayla and Patrick will be here any minute".

Jonathan's lips are already attacking my neck and shoulder. I shudder again, his lips leaving little wet marks on my neck. I laugh when he keeps going, knowing there's no way I'm getting out of this before Kayla and Patrick arrive. The action of Jonathan kissing down my face and neck gives me chills, and I try to ignore them, because it feels really good.

My doorbell rings after a moment. "Saved by the bell", I smirk. 

Getting off of Jonathan's lap, I walk over to the door and open it. "Good morning sunshine", Kayla chirps, sending a bright smile to me, then to Jonathan. "Sunshines", Kayla corrects.

"Good morning Kayla. Patrick", Jonathan says before I can.

"Hey, you ready to go? Q wants us there earlier than expected".

"Yeah. Let's go".

Jonathan gives me a kiss, and Patrick gives Kayla a kiss, then the two guys walk out of my apartment, shutting the door behind them. Kayla quickly turns to me. "Why are you not dressed? Take a shower, get your ass going. We have an appointment at eleven at the dress shop".

I groan as she shoos me off into the bathroom. I start my shower, wash my hair and face, then step out in my red towel. Kayla sits at my dining room table, typing on my computer. I go into my closet and change into a pair of skinny jeans and a crop sweater with the word Sarcasm in gold letters. 

I tie my hair into a high ponytail, put on a pair of chucks, then walk back out of my closet. "What's with the wedding venues search? I thought we were both getting married at The Vineyard Gardens, at least we said we would. Both of us love it there". 

"Oh crap", I slap my hand on my forehead. "That place totally slipped my mind. We have to get married there, no question".

I go into the kitchen and grab a sticky note, writing vineyard gardens. I stick the note on the fridge, then go back over to Kayla. "You made this appointment, you have to show up to it on time".

"Alright, alright", Kayla slams my laptop shut, grabs her purse from the kitchen counter, and follows me out to the car. 

We make it to the wedding dress store and the saleswoman, Rebecca, helps us to find dresses. I don't want anything too form fitting, but nothing like looks like I'm wearing drapery. I know my budget is 6,000, but I know I won't spend anywhere near that. I don't want to.

Kayla suddenly squeals outside of the dressing room. I look through the curtain, where Kayla holds up a dress in her hands. 

"You absolutely have to try this on. It's perfect for what you want".

Rebecca takes the dress from her hands and helps me into it. I look into the mirror and immediately know my answer. It has just the right amount of lace, and the length and style of the flowy dress is perfect. It's not over the top, but it's not simple.

I rush to open the curtain for Kayla.

"This is it".