LJ10 - Part 27

Everything else had disappeared apparently as I felt this one overpowering feeling of pure love and the need to tell her what I was thinking. My mouth opened and I tried to say what I felt.

„I just...wanted to tell you," I kept stammering before taking a very deep breath and realizing this wasn't the right time to blurt out something like this. „I wanted to tell you how gorgeous you look. It's making me speechless as you can see."

„You look beautiful as well," Lauren answered calmly whereas I was the opposite of being calm.

„I'm a little overwhelmed," I admitted but saw her nodding before placing a soft kiss on my temple.

„I get it," she whispered and I instantly felt better as she held me close and kissed my forehead once more. „Let's get you a drink and sit down."

„I don't want a drink," I said quickly. „I mean, not an alcoholic one."

„Why?" Lauren asked clearly surprised. „You can drink around me, we've talked about this."

„I know but it's not that," I replied before explaining further. „I want to be one hundred percent aware and remember every second of us being together."

„Wow, that was smooth," the other brunette smirked. „And cute."

„That's me," I said playfully arrogant and made her giggle.

„Fine then let's get something else to drink for us," Lauren suggested and took my hand in hers. It felt absolutely perfect to have her fingers intertwine with mine as she led us to the bar. I had almost forgotten how wonderful it was to be together like this. Something as simple as holding her hand was a big deal to me because it reminded me that we were a unit.

After a while of chatting with different people and sitting at a big table, it was time for the newlyweds to have their first dance. Seeing Kristie and James was heartwarming and my heart was beginning to race again. I looked at the woman next to me as she watched one of her closest friends slow-dancing in pure bliss. Lauren's genuine happiness for her friend was endearing beyond words. I saw the green eyes filling with tears before she breathed in deeply to suppress them. Leaning in, I kissed her cheek softly and was rewarded with one of the most spectacular smiles.

The song played again and now the other couples were invited to join them on the dance floor. Within seconds, Lauren took my hand again and led me to the designated area. I didn't hesitate either and folded my arms around the slightly taller one's neck. We started moving slowly to the melody coming from the live band. Our bodies touched mildly and I buried my face in the crook of her neck to be as close as possible.

[The Weepies - Somebody Loved]

Rain turns the sand into mud
Wind turns the trees into bone
Stars turning high up above
You turn me into somebody loved

„They made a good choice with that song," I whispered before pulling away just enough to face my girlfriend.

„I actually suggested it," Lauren revealed. „It was on one of my playlists and it played when they were freshly dating. They loved it ever since."

„What would be our wedding song?"

Well, there it was. So much for keeping things calm and easy for now. As soon as I blurted those words out, Lauren's eyebrows rose and the astonishment was evident on her face. It wasn't necessarily a bad reaction but it was unexpected to her.

„Don't you dare say 'Foregin' by Trey Songz," I tried to make a joke to ease whatever tension could arise. Lauren threw her head back and laughed lightheartedly.