12

CHAPTER TWELVE: RUIN.

" And I'm not tryina ruin your happiness, baby
But darling don't you know that
I'm the only one?. "

(Three years ago no one knew who shawn was and it makes me so emotional how much he has grown and god watching him being on stages and singing in front of millions makes my heart ache. So thankful for being able to watch him grow from singing on his bedroom to singing on arenas. sorry for the rant i needed to get that off my chest lol.)

____

ARABELLE

The sunlight comes through the window and for a second i forget how messed up my life is, truth is, i could never scape my not normal life. Ethan's arms are no longer wrapped around my waist and it's clear that there's an empty space on the bed, all of that already processed on my mind even though my eyes remain closed.

"Yeah she is with me -- No, she is fine." I hear Ethan's voice getting closer and then a sigh comes from his mouth. "We'll be there."

I open my eyes wide.

"Ar–."

"I'm awake." I reply, sitting on the bed, a yawn leaving my lips. He nods. "I guess that was my brother, right?." I ask, finally looking at him, he looks at the ground before looking up to me.

"It was Jace, he was worried because you didn't come to the institute yesterday." He explains and i slowly nod. The uncomfortable silence taking over the room. "Listen, we don't have to talk about this if you don't want to. I just don't want things to be awkward." He says and i play with my fingers, listening very carefully to every single word. "I love you, Belle, i will never stop loving you. But our friendship will always be my main priority, i care about you, i will hate to lose you." He says and i look at him, the grimace on his face making my heart break over again.

"You won't lose me." I let out, my voice sounding hoarse, he weakly smiles.

I sigh before standing up and walking over to him. He looks at me carefully. And once I'm in front of him I wrap my arms around his chest, my cheek against him.

He doesn't hesitate, and he wraps his arms around my waist, kissing the top of my head on the process.

A smile takes over both of our faces. We are back to were we started, and it will stay that way.

____

NARRATOR

As soon as Arabelle and Ethan step foot on the institute a female pair of arms wrap around Arabelle's neck and brings her close to her chest.

"For all that's holy, Arabelle! We were so worried, we thought that Vampires had sucked your blood." Isabelle quickly reprehends her, and Arabelle chuckles.

"Okay?." Arabelle says confused and with a raised eyebrow. "I'm fine." Arabelle smiles and Jace and Alec walk over the entrance.

Alec leaves a relief sigh. "You can't scare me likes this, Arabelle. You are lucky I didn't tell mom."

Arabelle rolls her eyes. "You would think that by being a Shadowhunter there would be no problem at staying off the radar for one night, you all overreact." She says and Jace shakes his head.

"I almost call the Clave to send a search party for you." Jace states and Isabelle nods.

"It took a lot to restrain him from doing that."