Chapter Thirty-Nine: Puppet

“Finals are finally over!” Blake yelled when our group stepped out of the school. The students that were hanging out all expressed the same feeling as they cheered.

“Party at our house tonight!” Lucas announced which earned him another round of cheers. These twins never changed.

“Have fun with that,” Drew rolled his eyes, slinging an arm around my shoulder.

Let’s just say that after his little confession back at prom, I just became shell-shock. He stated that he already knew what I felt and that I didn’t have to say it. Even though he told me that, I still want to say – heck, I want to yell it from the rooftops.

I love Drew Everett.

“You’re coming too,” Blake said, pulling Jessica with him as we all went down the stairs.

“Are you really trying to convince Drew to come to a party?” I laughed.

“We know he’s coming,” Lucas smirked, “Because you’re coming along.”

I shrugged because we all knew he was right. It was the few last fun moments of being a high school student so I might as well enjoy it to the fullest.

“We’re still up for that road trip this summer,” Lillian grinned, “It’s a nice way to bond before we all say our goodbyes.”

“It’s not yet goodbye until we’re never going to see each other again,” Annabelle stated.

“Leave the sappy speeches on graduations,” Blake waved off, “My brother and I still have to get the alcohol for tonight.”

“There’s no other way to celebrate the end of finals than getting drunk,” I said with my voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Good to know you feel that way,” Lucas winked and I rolled my eyes at him.

We parted ways after we all agreed to come tonight and I even convinced Drew to tag along.

“I got accepted to both the local college and the university I applied for,” Drew informed, handing me his helmet.

With much persuasion from his mother, Drew applied for a university that he claimed that he was dreaming to go. Due to his stubborn love for his family, he insisted that he attend the local college so he can keep an eye on both Ariel and Savannah.

“Where are you heading to?”

He was silent for a moment when we drove out of the school’s parking lot, “I don’t know yet.”

My grip on his waist tightened and I leaned my head against his back. Our separation was inevitable but he told me that he’ll do his best to make this relationship work out. The problem was, we don’t even know which college he was attending and I was doubtful of my own choice.

He stopped in front of my apartment and helped me off of his bike. Somehow, I got rid of my terrible phobia of that metal death trap. I shook my hair out of his helmet and gave it to him, “So are we going to take my car or your bike tonight?”

“Your car,” he responded without a second to think, “One of us might get tipsy and I want to get both of us home alive.”

I nodded in agreement, taking a motorcycle wasn’t the safest thing to do. Both of us will surely enjoy a drink or two during the party and if one of us fell down the bike, it’s going to be a horrible problem.

“I’ll go to your house tonight,” I said, pecking him on the cheek before I got inside the building.

When I stepped inside my apartment, Jazzy quickly pulled me into the living room where the phone was waiting. I gulped because I already knew who was on the other line judging from Jazzy’s face.