≪1≫

A/N: If you find any kind of mistake, I would like it if you point it out!

"Dad, please! I worked hard only to get into your school!" I shouted clutching the high school pamphlet of Sakuragaoka High School while dad was slurping his coffee without any worry about this world. "I told you before, you're not going there," he said rather calmly.

"I'm not saying that I want to go to that school because you're the principal there, I want to get admission there all with my effort," I tried to plead with him but he had an unexplained sad expression. I never understood why he never let me even try to apply to the school.

The school was basically for rich kids and until now, I went to an ordinary high-class school even though my dad was the principal of such a high-class school and one of the richest in this area. I always wanted to attend a rich school, just like Sakuragaoka High which is famous for its price and education.

Even though my dad kept on denying me for attending that school, I secretly worked hard, as in studies because I was just average ranked for studies and I needed a scholarship for the school if my dad was not gonna allow it.

And guess what! It didn't go really well but my name was on the waiting list for the scholarship student. I could actually get admission with a full scholarship only if any one of the candidates will drop his or her name and I'll be going instead of that student. And I was really lucky and someone actually dropped from the scholarship list!!!

My dad came to know about it only after my admission was completely fixed. He scolded me so badly about it but he gave in because there was nothing he could do because it was mostly the chairman's decision for taking or not to take in any students.

And a few days later, after my admission got fixed, my dad came into my room with a serious expression.

"Aya, you've already created a very big problem getting yourself a scholarship for this school and now that we can't change it, I need you to follow some rules for your safety, okay?" He said and opened up the file he had in his hand.

" 'Matsuzaka Aya'?" (Japanese people say their surname before the first name) I read the name carefully. "What's with my surname?" I asked curiously. It was this time, I felt something was really wrong.

"You can't reveal your identity to anyone in the school that you're my daughter, okay? So you never say to anyone that you're 'Nakanishimatsu Aya', okay? Nakanishimatsu is not a common surname so people might come to know that you're my daughter soon. But remember, you are NEVER gonna reveal your identity no matter what," he said very seriously. I was gonna question him why but it seemed as though I shouldn't so I just nodded dumbfounded.

"Look at this, you are supposed to be from a poor family background because you're a scholarship student so in this form, your address is different. I bought this apartment for you in case there will be any future friends of yours who might want to visit you. And this is your new mobile number and you're going to use this flipping phone," he said quickly and pulled out an old-fashioned dark purple flipping phone with a silver panel where time showed up when I pushed the side button.

"Well, it's pretty but I could use my iPhone," I said with a pout.

"If you're poor, you can't afford an iPhone," he said with a sigh. "You already made a huge mistake. Now please, I'm begging you, don't make any blunder in the school and reveal that you're my daughter, okay?" he said.

"But why did you not want me to attend your school?" I asked gingerly.

"I wish I could tell you about it, but I just can't. You might come to know sooner or later. Whatever happens, don't tell anyone about it and keep away from other rich kids in the school. Some are very dangerous," he just said that and left me in my room with the file filled with my fake information.

And finally, here I am! In the high school of my dream! It was more beautiful than I had seen in pictures and I had forgotten the warning my dad had given and was feeling so excited for the school days to start.

Since it was the first day of school for the first-year students, all of our classes were about the introduction and thankfully I did not forget to keep my identity a secret. Even when I attended normal schools earlier, I never had to come across such a situation where I had to use fake names.

The day was over and even though I didn't get to talk with many people around, I think the school was perfectly good. Why was dad so worried?

I can't wait to go home and take my contact lenses out! Oh, I think I forgot to mention. My dad even made me change my appearance to look typical Japanese because my mom is half Japanese and half Russian, I have blueish green eyes and light brown hair so I have to wear a black color lens and color my hair black which can be removed with special shampoo later and also making 2 plates and wearing powerless glasses just to make me look nerdy and scholarship student.

I was going to the rose garden I always wanted to go, to before heading home because it was one of the reasons I wanted to come to this school very badly. Not many schools have such beautiful rose gardens in Japan which also smell so nice.

I walked into the empty garden and was just wondering when I suddenly heard a crashing sound from another corner of the garden.

Is there someone who is still there? Maybe it's a caretaker, I thought but I couldn't stop myself from going and taking a look.

I peeked from a bush and saw a guy struggling to get into a wheelchair and he was miserably failing. I need to help him! I quickly rushed to him and took his hand, "here, let me help you," I said and tried to pull him up but he snatched his hand away.

"Are you crazy? Why do you want to get into trouble? Go away before anyone sees you," he hissed but I could sense he was in pain.

"How can I leave you here like this? And what do you mean I will get into trouble?" I asked and yet tried to take his arm and pull him up but again, he yanked his hand away. "Just don't. I don't want anyone getting into trouble because of me," he whispered again and pulled himself up by grabbing the wheel of the wheelchair but when he tried to sit on it, it slipped off and fell down with a crashing sound.

"Gosh, you don't need to feel shy about getting help. Is it because I'm a girl? You don't like a girl helping you?" I said picking up his wheelchair and holding it so that it won't fall when he will try to get on it. "Are you from the first year?" he asked after finally succeeding to sit on the wheelchair. I didn't notice earlier, but one of his feet had turned inwards and seemed it was dysfunctional. "Yeah, why?"

"I'm really thankful for your help for now, but if you see me again, just let me be. Don't bother about helping me even if I'm dying, okay?" he said with concern, and without hearing anything from me, he just drove the wheelchair away to the exit.

That's when I noticed, he was shivering.

. * . * . * .

I uploaded this picture quite later but thought I should upload this in the first chapter of the story. So this is what the main people of the story look like : (some will appear later)

This story contains a few Japanese words here and there as this story is based in Japan but I will write the meanings for all of them so I hope you don't have any difficulty understanding them

Vote and comment if you like the story! :)