Chapter One: Eighteen Candles

Cover made by AliasLOVE
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
How long had it been since she left Mystic Falls, one month, two? Holly Gilbert honestly couldn't keep track. She knew it was before school let out before summer vacation because she hadn't even taken finals.

All summer Holly Gilbert and Stefan Salvatore had been the Original Hybrid's sidekicks as they searched all over Tennessee and Atlanta for werewolves to start making his special hybrid followers that he could now have since he had done the sacrifice that had ended in the "death" of her twin, Elena Gilbert.

The main reason that Holly and Stefan had been stuck catering to Klaus every need was because Holly's boyfriend and Stefan's older brother Damon had been bitten by a wolf and Klaus had exchanged the cure for them.

The sun was just coming up in a small town in Tennessee that Holly couldn't even remember the name of it. She remember what today was. June 22. Her birthday.

Today she was officially eighteen years old, though she was stuck in the body of a seventeen year old because she was a vampire. Her cell phone buzzed, she had a new text message, she froze, and it was from Damon.

Damon: Happy Birthday xox.

Holly wanted to respond so badly, but like all of his other messages, calls, and voicemails, she deleted them. It was just too dangerous. Klaus was too dangerous. Holly couldn't put him in that kind of danger again.

Holly saw that Stefan was dragging dead, bloody bodies to bury them. Over the summer thanks to Klaus, Stefan had turned into a full blown ripper.

Holly felt someone's presence behind her and she stiffen.

"Don't you have anything better to do than to spy on me?" she snapped.

"Two months as partners and you're still as grouchy as ever," Klaus smirked. "I think you should be glad that I haven't ripped out that insolent tongue of yours."

"If it means that I no longer have to be stuck to your side be my guest," she said sweetly.

"I just came to tell you that we're leaving, get your bags sweetheart."

"More non existing werewolf hunting, what joy?" The sarcasm was evident in her tone.

Klaus turned around. "I have a good feeling on this one." He rubbed her earlobe. "Don't fret love it will all be over soon." He whispered in her ear. "Happy birthday, Holly."