20. The Last Lethal Strikes

Important - The second update for the day...I love the response to the last chapter..keep those comments coming....Before reading this chapter please ensure that you have read "19.2 the blows that broke it" updated today..

This is the final part of the longest flashback and it contains the prologue part too at the end...Sorry to keep you waiting...!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.......Flashback Continues...!!

Nandini was staring at the blank sky when Manik's voice broke her trance

Manik – Nandini..

Nandini – Why am I being misunderstood here...It looks like everyone keeps accusing me or everyone is finding ways to accuse me..??...What is going on with everyone..??

Manik – Leave everyone...what is going on with you...??

Nandini – Me...nothing Manik...there is nothing going on with me....!!

Manik – Don't lie Nandini..there is a lot going on...Come'on tell me...recording and study are too taxing hmm..!!

Nandini – Hmm....but it is okay..!!

Manik – No..it is not...Speak up Nandini..!!

Nandini – what is there to speak up Manik...Yes there is lot going on...isn't it obvious...Recording are taxing, it has been over two months now and we haven't been able to create a single piece, on the top of that that harshad and his scary girlfriend Soha are a little too much to handle...

Manik – From physco to scary when did this transition happen...!!

Nandini told Manik all about Soha, her panic attacks and every thing else. It all came a big shock for Manik but he chose not to react

Manik – And studies..??...How are they coming up..!!

Nandini – Too hectic...mid sems are approaching and there are at least three submissions every week...it is all too tiring....but that is not what I am worried about Manik...!!

Manik – Then what are you worrying about..!!

Nandini – About our friends...about us...Even if I try I can't turn a blind eye to the shift in the behavior..I feel like I am being judged...I can't be myself around you guys now...I don't know what has changed...but Manik you...why have you turned so cold..I have asked you a zillion times but you choose to ignore this conversation every single time...Manik we converse but our conversations are lacking the comfort and solace.

Manik – Hmm....so I have troubled you a lot na...so guess what I have something for you that would cross off one thing in your to-do list..!!

Nandini – What Manik..!!

Manik – Let me go Nandini...!!

Nandini was shaken by Manik's words..!!

Nandini – Manik you are joking right..!!

Nandini – No I am not...

Nandini – Manik you said you will help me in getting through this tough time...!!

Manik – I am helping you Nandini...You have a lot on your plate...Recordings, Harshad, Soha, studies and how could I forget Aryamann...You have a lot to take care of...so I am cutting myself off from list...I am letting myself go..